Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Color Throwdown


Hi, everyone! It's time for a new challenge! Barbara is our hostess for this week's  colors for this week. Remember, we're using generic colors, so as long as you use the color values shown: blue, green, peach, and metallic gold you'll be good...the color police won't come after you--this is all about having fun! And, feel free to incorporate any other neutrals you need in your design, as well. 

If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD602and please use #ctd602 and #colorthrowdown on social media sites. Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog--all of the "rules" are in the right sidebar, so check 'em out to be sure. Importantly, though, no digital designsonly digital images that are printed off and colored will be allowed. Totally digital designs will be removed from the link up. 

I used a brand new stencil just released from Picket Fence Studios. I used the challenge colors and a Life Changing Blender brush to add in all the pretty colors. The release is full of fall and Christmas stamps but I wanted to ink up this new Shading Flower Stencil. It's a beautiful image and makes beautiful cards. I have two cards, one with bright cheerful colors and another one monochromatic . 

 I inked up the flower with Salty Ocean, Dried Marigold, and Mowed Lawn Distress inks. I used post-it notes to cover up areas I didn't want to transfer other colors to. The Life Changing Blender Brushes make the ink blending easy and quick. Once the ink was dry, I added a sentiment from More Fancy Sentiments with Intense Black Ink


I added some gold splatter with Golden Rose Paper Glaze. I added a bit of water to thin it out and then flicked it on to my card base with a paint brush. I finished it off with a little more shimmer thanks to Spiced Cider Sequin Mix.  




1 comment:

  1. I love a stencil Lisa and this one is gorgeous! The colours are so pretty and unexpected and I love the extra splatters and sequins. I especially like that you chose a sentiment with sweet pea-style tendrils. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!