Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Picket Fence Studios July Relase

It's time to get excited! We are celebrating the July Release from Picket Fence Studios. Woohoo! It's Christmas in July, and a little bit of Halloween thrown in too. You know in the crafting world, we try to plan and work WAY ahead. You can check out all the new goodies HERE. But before you head off to shop, make sure you check out what the team is sharing today. 

Let's kick things off here with this awesome new background stamp called Autumn Harvest Collage. It's so cool and I used my Polychromos to color it up. BUT before I colored it, I had to stamp it twice to cover my kraft panel in Intense Black Ink. These repeating background images are really easy to work with and line up. Have you tried on yet? I decided to not add a sentiment and so I could use this card for any occasion this fall. 


UP next is my favorite card from I created for this release. It was a bit of a labor of love and it was so worth it. I started by stamping this trio of Santas  from Baby It's Cold Outside onto a card base and then creating a mask for them to keep them clean and ink free for my background. 


Once my mask was in place, I picked up a Life Changing Blender Brush and the new Brocade Stencil and the new Speckled Egg Distress and Dusty Concord Oxide inks. I lightly applied the ink and created this lovely detailed background with little effort. I peeled off the mask from the Santas and then colored them up with my Copics. I finished the card off a sentiment from Baby It's Color Outside along the top. It's a one layer card and I love it. Hope you do too. 

Speaking of stencils...this is another new one and it's way cool. I created another one layer card with the help of some post it notes (to cover up areas where I didn't want ink mixing in) and the tiny little Life Changing Blender Brushes. And you didn't think you needed that size?? They are perfect for these intricate stencils and getting ink into small areas. This stencil is called Candlelight Stencil

I tucked in a sentiment from Inside Quotes-Christmas in the upper corner and added a touch of chunky glitter to the berries and flames. Simple and pretty. Thanks for stopping by today. Happy hopping and happy shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!