Saturday, April 20, 2013

MFT {a Studio Calico challenge 2 ways}

Good morning. I have two little ditties for you today. They are actually both  Studio Calico challenge cards I made last week. I rarely, do two cards for one challenge, but I kind of messed up, by using NO Studio Calico products at all on the first card. ooops!

 The papers I used on this first one are actually by Crate Paper and I didn't realize it until after I made the whole card. oh, well! I loved the sketch, so I pulled out the Here and Now papers and created a girl version with the same sketch. Both cards use all MFT stamps and Die-namics

The first one is my boy version. I had fun using the Lollipop Additions-Birthday stamp set. I just LOVE the background stamp images in this set. I used them on the tag, and the fishtail flag bits. 

 Here's a closer look at the Fisthtail Flag Stax pieces. I cut them from Natural cs and used Factor Green and Gumdrop Green ink. I also tucked in a bit of Pinking Edge Die-namics and a birthday sentiment from Docment it-Rock On.


The sketch called for a tag element, so I made my own with the Traditional Tags Stax Die-namics. I topped it with a Tangy Orange button and hemp twine. I splattered the card front with some Mister Huey's calico White spray.

--------------------------------------------------
now for my girl version. I just adore the new Bicycle Die-namics. It was a great accent with these fun Studio Calico papers. I flipped the tag elements and added the some bling with Sequins. ♥♥♥ love this trend, I can't stop adding them to my cards, lately. Since I already had the Lollipop Additions-Birthday stamp set.  I used it again. 

Here is a close up look at the bike. I cut it with Factory Green cs. Did you pick up this new color from MFT yet? You should, just saying!



While I used some of the same colors as the boys version (Natural cs and Factory Green) I made it girly, by simply playing up the pinks and oranges from the papers. Here is a look at Orange fizz cs and matching Ink.


I also added in a touch of Blu Raspberry to accent the turquoise from the papers. 


Thanks for stopping by. You can check out the Studio Calico challenge, HERE. There is a card sketch AND a scrapbook layout. Fun!

and here is my shopping list. Let me know if you have any questions.

Boy-Birthday Studio Calico card:




Girly Sweet Bicycle-studio calico card:

Pin It
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I really like these cards. I think it's difficult to combine different patterns sometimes, and you do it so easily! Great composition. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so fabulous, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ur mix of prints! Great layering too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!