Friday, November 7, 2008

Single Layer Snowflakes

It's Friday and you know what that means? It's a Stamp Something Day! This week's challenge is to create a one layer card. Really, only 1 layer? Remember it's a challenge, it is suppposed to stretch your creativity. It's not as bad as you may think. I actually really enjoy taking a break from my norm and creating these quick and easy beauties. It gives me a chance to play minimally with dry embossing and embellishments. I usually use white cardstock for my base and then I can add color with my ink. I took full advantage of the super fun (and LARGE) Felt Flurries Stampin' Up! carries and ribbon. I also added some paper piercing to add extra detail. The stamp sets I use today are Snow Burst and Warm Words. I love the Clean and Simple look this card has. Take the challenge, Stamp Something and have fun with a Single Layer card this week. They are great for mass production during the Holiday card making season. Don't forget to see what the other DT members came up with. They are fabulous creations. Hugs,


14 comments:

  1. Love the snowflakes what a perfect Christmas card love the simply look of it, looks like you mastered the challenge to a perfection!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Lisa! Those snowflakes really pop against the white background. Love the paper piercing and the ribbon too. Those felt flakes are beautiful, may need some of those! :) Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lisa! I love the bling in the middle of the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love your details, they really add to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. I absolutely love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a perfect example of a one layer card!
    Love the stitching & the different snowflakes at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Lisa and love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you say fabulous?! I simply must have those Felt Flurries now! LOL! Beautiful job Lisa!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lisa! Love the colors! The piercing looks great! I think I need the felt flurries now. =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just happened to be doing a little blog surfing and passed by. You are very creative. Keep up the stampin' good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Lisa!! Perfect card for that fabulous snowflake!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this card, it is a beautiful design. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the colors you used.

    TFS...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!