Monday, November 3, 2008

Just for Fun!

Yes, that's right, I spent a little time on Saturday stamping just for fun. Beate's blog is one I love to check daily. I enjoy all her challenges even though I don't get to play nearly as much as I would like to. When I saw her Friday sketch challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do-use the new Holiday Treasures dsp. I also replenished my stock of Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon (one of my FAVES! and I've been out of it for months). There is a pattern in this paper pack (two actually) that I wasn't so sure about, well once I saw it IRL, I fell in love with it! it has regal rose in it, so I could use my ribbon. I combined three stamp sets and a bunch of punches to pull this card together. I used the Season of Joy, Best Yet, and polka dot background on this. For the sentiment I layered up the designer label punch, 1 inch circle punch, and large oval punch. I also used the scallop edge punch and ticket corner punch too. To finish it off, I added the pearls from the Pretties Kit, I think it was the perfect touch! I guess I was in the mood for a pretty card. I like the sketch so much, that I had time to put together another card using it. This one is totally different and has an autumn feel to it, thanks to the Autumn Vine dsp. I had fun with the scallops and even did a little faux stitching (I really need to re-thread my machine so I can put it to use again). That circle print dsp is my favorite pattern from the pack. The only stamping on this card is the sentiment from the hostess set, Best Yet. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had fabulous weather, low 70's and sunny and it was the first two days of NOVEMBER! Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are fab, Lisa!! LOVE the colors in the second!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Lisa. Love all the scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese are both awesome! Love the patterns you mixed together, and the stitching on that second one is total cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your color combo on card 1!
    Card 2 is just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards for the sketch challenge, Lisa! Love the Christmas one especially - great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!