Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Color Throwdown 589- Hooray


Good Morning! Happy Wednesday!! Vickie is our hostess for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #589! She thought it would be fun to do a neutral card with a "pop" of color!!!

This week we're playing with red, black, gray, and white


We are using generic colors, so as long as you use the color values shown, you are all set! As always, please feel free to incorporate any neutrals that you need in your design as well!

If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword CTD589, and please use #ctd589 and #colorthrowdown on social media sites. Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog. All of the "rules" are in the right sidebar, please check them out if you are in doubt! One last detail to remember, no digital designs - only digital images that are printed off and colored will be allowed. Totally digital designs will be removed from the link up.

So, I am trying to focus on the positive. I have a high school senior and I am sad about all he is missing out on during his final months of high school. Yesterday was a hard day for me as a reminder popped up on my phone to purchase prom tickets. I cried. There will be no prom. I know in the grand big picture, this is minute, but I can still grieve for these milestones he will not experience. As I sat down to create my card for this week's challenge, I was happy to see they are his school colors. So I put some positive energy and love into making a graduation card. I pulled out a handful of Reverse Confetti products (links are listed below). 


I started with the Hooray & Cheers word die and cut it three times in Salsa and Midnight card stock. I adhered them all together, offsetting the black layer just a bit to create a shadow effect. I finished the greeting with a sentiment from Celebrations stamp set. I added some stars with the All the Stars Confetti Cuts and Stone card stock and framed it all up with a Stormy layer of All Framed Up Confetti Cut. I felt so much better after I spent this time in my craft room. It truly is some good therapy. 


Check out the beautiful creations from the team this week! They are sure to inspire you, they always inspire me!! Have fun creating, we cannot wait to see what you come up with using these colors!

April Guest-Judy Rozema - Joy in a JAR

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your boy missing out on all of the Senior Festivities, that's sad. Definitely crazy times right now.
    Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor son. My niece is a senior too and feeling the same way. I love your card. Your use of die cuts is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping there is something special for your son at the end of all this! The die cuts on your card are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!