Sunday, June 1, 2014

SSSC221-have a gorgeous day

I have a three post Sunday for you today. So, please stop back often today.  First up is this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch card. We took a few weeks off, but we are back in full force with our weekly sketch and inspiration.  

Here is my card. I used some Lil' Inker Designs stamps and dies and the cool new Blues paper from My Minds Eye's Necessities line. LOVE. Stripes, dots, chevrons in all the same colors, sure makes THIS gal happy!

 I used the blues today. Lil' inker Designs Stitched Rectangles in the background to show off the scattering of polka dots and then I opted for the Anytime Tag die for my main image panel. 


I cut the tag from vellum and stamped the sentiment from Modern Mehndi in Soft navy ink. The coordinating flower from Modern Mehndi was heat embossed in white and then I used the matching die (see links below)  to cut it out. I adhered a bundle of thread behind it for added texture. 


Here is this week's sketch. 


Stop by Karen's Blog for all the challenge details and inspiration from the team. 

Come Play along: simply make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of Karen's post to enter your card. The links will close on Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time). Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC221 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.

 Don't forget to see what the Sweet Sunday Sketch team has done this week.
I am also linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. It's an anything goes challenge. Easy Peasy! 

See you back here in a few!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lisa I love seeing your post pop up in my blog they are always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love all the blue and the white embossed flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Lisa! Love the vellum sentiment piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa this is gorgeous. The layers and embossing and the velum all perfection

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa this is stunning. The colors are soft and romantic. I especially like how you used the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That SSSC card is stunning! Love the blue and the vellum and the bundle of thread is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to find an all-blue card, Lisa - I love it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!