Monday, September 16, 2013

WSC141-best friends

I played along with this week's Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge with My Favorite Things. I needed a birthday card for my BFF and the new Stylish Friends stamp set was the perfect set for the job. 
I stamped her with Ranger Archival ink onto some Mixed Media paper. I water colored her with my Tim Holtz Distress markers. *sigh* I looooove those beauties. The colors are fabulous and they really are so easy to use. SCS recently had a review on them, check it out here



I used a circle punch to make that cute cut out on the bottom of my panel and added a double row of the trendy arrow border from Mod Borders. I stamped them with the new Steel Grey ink. 



 I added a touch of pretty to my card with the Scallop Ribbon Border Die-namics. A few enamel dots,  navy burlap twine, and lots of distress ink (vintage photo) around my edges and I had this card done. 



I also finished off the inside, since my outside sentiment didn't say anything about birthdays. I love the Happy Birthday Die-namcis


Check out who else has linked up with this week's sketch, AND see the sketch, HERE. 



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I came to your blog via mine! Thank you for your sweet comments...and I LOVE your card! and I am paying special attention to the inside these days. I really like what you have done and will have to remember that! Great sentiment, BTW...and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEKKK!! You have colored one of these sweeties up already!!! I love this 2 pack of girls and they are dying to get inked... too bad time keeps saying no...

    Your card is gorgeous!! Lovely layers and fab papers!! & you did the inside, too!!!
    I'm sure she will love it!!
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this adorable girl! And your card is just fabulous! Love the trendy arrows, too! Your BFF is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is so adorable! Fabulous card design and I love the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!