Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Reverse Confetti Halloween Sweets

I love paper crafting. It's no secret, obviously. I know I make a ton of cards, but one of my favorite things about this obsession  hobby is making cute and quick little treats for any occasion. All you need is a cello bag and some paper and stamps. 




I pulled out the adorable Halloween sets from Reverse Confetti, Spooky Cuties and Spooky Sentiments to make a trio of tags for my yummy fall M&M treat bags. Making something crafty for candy was my excuse to buy some chocolate so early. See, here in our house, I can't buy Halloween candy early......we eat it! haha.


To get started, I used a few dies I had on hand to create my base for each of the tag. They are all similar, but I used different arrangements of the die cuts and colors. This makes for quick assembly. 
The first one shows off the fabulous larger sentiment. I wanted it to take center stage. I then stamped the three-part jack 'o lantern in orange, black and fuse green ink.

 A bit of fussy cutting (so easy with these stamps. They are large enough and the images are bold enough that cutting them out takes no time at all.) and I used a foam dimensional to pop him up. I also added a row of purple dots for a bit more interest. Love those Whole Lotta Dots


For the next one, I cleaned off my polka dot border stamp and inked it up again, but this time in the Fuse green ink. I stamped the full white circle with it. Then I stamped the Spooky Sentiment right over top with dark grey ink. I spied some washi tape on my desk, so I wrapped a piece of that around the bottom of the circle. The Boots were stamped in black, cut out and yep, popped up with a dimensional. 


This one is my favorite. I used three of the images from Spooky Cuties (bat border, fence, and ghost) along with the trick or treat sentiment. The ghost was a last minute addition. I popped him up with some foam dimensionals. 


Here's a closer look at the stamp sets I used. 









Here's the full trio again. I'm excited to have these already to go in my stash for the boys. I think I'll tuck them in their lunch boxes on Halloween. Tricky part now is to hide them, so they don't find them. 


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great Hump Day! 








Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. These treat bags are fabulous!!!
    (& I have a little confession of my own... I seem to need ALL Halloween stamps & it makes absolutely no sense!! It's only 1 day!!). Lol !!
    These are fantastic !! Your links just became my shopping guide... I only have the circle dies from both companies & twine...!!
    I kind of wish I hadn't seen this post... Lol !! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, good luck hiding the treats for a whole month.

    How do you make the stitching hole on the candy tags? This is really quite attractive.

    Thanks, Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this project! Those boots make me giggle...they're just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!