Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WSC87-Boys Rock!

If you are wondering about the MFT September Teaser time posts....don't fret....they are coming. This release has been pushed back a bit.  You can read all about it on FB. It will be a GREAT release, I promise you!!! 

How about a sweet little baby card to occupy this gorgeous Wednesday. It's WSC time and we have a new sketch, and  I LOVE it! 

Our new neighbors just had a baby boy and I can't wait to deliver this card to them (and get some baby snuggle time). 
I am still using the pretty blue papers from the Blue Bell pack from MME-Sweetest Things. It looks soooo pretty with Kraft cs, dontcha think?

I used the fun and sweet BABY ONESIE stamp set and matching Die-namics to make my center, focal panel. I stamped the record image and sentiment with some coordinating Amuse inks.  

Along the left edge, I thought the pretty SOLID BRACKET BORDER  was a great accent for a baby card. Since it is a boy card, it gives it a bit more of an "edge" as opposed to a soft, frilly scallop. :)

The square dark blue polka dotted panel, was easy to add in because I cut it with my SQUARE STAX 2 DIE-NAMICS. The basic shapes of the Stax die-namics make for easy and quick layering. 

I wrapped the card front with the beautiful new Kraft Grosgrain ribbon and my bow, takes the place of the flower element from the sketch. Love that ribbon ♥♥

I added in the "congratulations" from the PI sentiment set, All Occasion Sentiments. Yep, there is sentiment for every occasion, with this set. I stamped it onto one of the MIN TAB FOURSOME Die-namics. 

I took a few extra minutes to decorate the inside of my card. I made an embellie cluster with the help of a few Die-namics-Star Stax, Button Quartet, and the heart from Homespun Birdhouse (yes, I ran it through my crimper again....love the look and extra texture). 

I stamped another sentiment from the BABY ONSIE  set and then accented it all with some machine stitching. 

 

Check out this week's sketch and come play along. There is always an MFT Voucher up for grabs. You can't win if you don't play!

Kim's Blog has all the details AND  the DT inspiration for this week's sketch. 

Here are the Die-namics I used for today's card. 










Pin It

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love the colors and the finished inside. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are adorable Lisa! Love the little onesie and the pretty patterned paper! The corrugated heart adds wonderful texture on the second! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card!! I'm sure the neighbors will love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!