Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fun With Fabric!

So, my next crafty shopping spree will involve me getting some fabric. It's something I've wanted to do for awhile now, but it just never seems to get done. This week I had to get creative ( hey that's what we do anyways, right? ) with the Guest Designer Challenge for MFT. Yesterday was the big release day for MFT and they have gone back to a monthly guest designer challenge. The call was for Fabric! I've been slowly weeding out the baby clothes as Nicholas outgrows them. Up until now I've held onto everything. I was able to use the hand-me-downs for each boy. Now that we are done having babies, it feels good to purge once Nicholas has moved onto the next size. So I went to his latest bin of too-small clothes and pulled out a few things to cut up and use for this challenge. I paired it up with the adorable little Cuddle Up Carter set and made this card. I love that my Bigz dies cut through so many different materials, fabric being one.
I used the top note and the Stars #2 dies. The trick was finding a way to attach the fabric to my card. Guess what I found out? My trusty Janome doesn't just sew paper, it really DOES work on fabric, lol! Give it a go, try your hand at using some fabric on a project. Hugs, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, Lisa! How handy that your sew mini works on fabric, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!