Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a Stamp Something Friday...


...and today is dedicated to Friends. Create something for a friend, make a card, scrap a page about you and a friend, create a little gift, just Stamp Something! This week is my second week as a guest designer for the site. I have been asked to help my neighbor and good friend create some easy, fun, and cute center pieces for the tables at a dinner she is helping organize. I saw these adorable vases on the tables at the SCS dinner during Convention, so I recreated them and figured out how to make them. I will give this to my friend to show her what they will look like (although her's will have a different color scheme for the dinner) and just because she really is a wonderful friend! These really are easy to make with 1 sheet of 8 1/2x11 cs, some score lines, and the photo corner punch to create the diamonds. The paper flowers were made with various scallop and circle punches as well as some dies for the Big Shot. I used some grilling skewers for the flower picks and attached the flowers with a pop-up glue dots. The vase was stamped with the polka dot background stamp and finished off with some Autumn Vine dsp and stitched choc. chip grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment on the tag is from Season of Friendship. I just inked up two of the words at a time with a marker to change the shape to fit the circle punch. Here's a close up of that. To help stabilize the vase, make sure you add some little rocks or something to help weigh it down so it doesn't fall over easily. I think I need to make one of these for myself, it sure looks cute sitting on my counter. Take time today to do something special for a friend!
ETA: You know how much I love Unity Stamps?! Well, I'm especially excited about the prize for this week's challenge because it is Unity Stamps! Angela is sooo generous! Thanks for offereing up this awesome prize, Angela! If you want to try and win some of these super cool stamps, make sure you play and link your creation to the Stamp Something site.
Hugs,


7 comments:

  1. Wow This is so so creative, Love the centerpiece and the flowers, it's just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome Lisa! I love the colors and that DSP. I think I need to make a few of these for my stamp room! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! What a great centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your centerpiece is gorgeous, Lisa! I love the layered punched/die shapes for the flowers. Your friend should love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool. I love your vase and matching flowers.
    Fantastic centerpieces.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! Love the DSP and the photo corner punch use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous creation my friend!! :) How adorable!! TFS! I will need to play along this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!