Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch {thanks very much}

I have been really excited to work with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I had big plans to do a water colored background, but instead I pulled out a stencil and created some magic. I really love how using a stencil and sponging on ink (I used Green Room and Lush Lagoon ) really does feel like magic. I still always say WOW when I peel back that stencil.  Plus, I love how easy a stencil makes ink blending. :)

I used the Posted Note Sentiments stamp set by Reverse Confetti and stamped it onto a white die cut circle from Donut You Know, then I layered a green circle from Circles 'n Scallops behind it. I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to stamp the Petals 'n Posies flower and then cut that out with the matching die. The leaves are from Love Blooms confetti Cuts. 

Here is this week's sketch. 

Please stop by the
for all the challenge details 
and to see what the rest of the team has created for the sketch. 
Have a beautiful day!









Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the change of colors from green to blue - fabulous with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love that stenciled BG! I always forget about using my stencils!! The watercolored flower and leaves are gorgeous!!! Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stenciled background is fabulous! Love that mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!