The Design Team has been busy creating jaw-dropping and inspiring projects for you, and we've saved the best for last. We've taken an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics, while re-visiting the amazing sets being released tonight at 10 PM EST RIGHT HERE in the MFT Boutique. And while we are at it, how about we make your life even easier with a "cheat sheet" of all that's new? Head over to the MFT Blog to print out a shopping list. Here are the details about the upcoming release:
- You can attend the New Release Party on August 7 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on August 7 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- If you'd like to see all the designers' posts for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on August 7 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
I had a small bundle of these sweet little kraft bags in my stash and it was the perfect size to hold my handmade book mark. By the way, The BOOK MARK DUO STAMP SET AND DIE-NAMICS is soooo fun to create with. I keep making book marks to give away. I literally had to stop myself the other day. lol!
I knew this card was a great way to send a positive reading message to a loved one AND give them a little gifty all in one.
I wrapped a doily around the bag, and then layered up the new AWARD SEAL DIE-NAMICS with a few CIRCLE STAX 1 DIE-NAMICS. This was the perfect spot for the gorgeous LAYERED ROSE I made (check out my tutorial below for my how-to). I needed to balance out the green, so I cut a few ROYAL LEAVES.
The papers are by Studio Calico and you'll also see some of my FAVE MFT Kraft cs. I know I say it all the time, but I loooove this stuff. There are a few layers of the new TRIPLE SCALLOP BORDER.
How about a quick little LAYERED ROSE DIE-NAMICS tutorial???? It is really easy to make these beautiful, full, flowers.
1.Start with cutting at least one of each of the flowers included in this Die-namics set. You can add in extra layers for more fullness.
2. Start with the smallest flower and begin by rolling each of the petals inward, and upward towards each other.
4.. Before you add some adhesive to hold it all together, go ahead and let it unravel a bit, so has a more natural look, once it is added to the center. I then just add a touch of adhsive to the inside, bottoms of each of the petals.
5. Take all of the other layers, and gently roll and curve each individual petal. You can see the completed center, along with the other finished layers.
6. Add adhesive or foam dimensionals between each of the rose layers. This is what my completed flower looks like. It's full and pretty and very natural looking.
Check out the card and book mark combo. I love how that little craft baggie is a perfect holding spot for the book mark.
And here is a detail shot of the book mark. I used two of the sentiments from the set, both stamped on the pretty green polka dotted paper. The bottom sentiment is one of the long, straight phrases and I just cut it up to fit my empty space along the bottom.
Some stitching, a strip of the TRIPLE SCALLOP BORDER, cotton twill ribbon, and Pea Pod twine pretty up the book mark, all while keeping it relatively flat!
I was also dying to use this beautiful sentiment, so I added it to the inside of my card. Lots of the same elements used on the inside, except I added the sentiment to a couple layers of the new DESIGNER LABELS 4 STAX DIE-NAMICS. It looks great vertical (like I used it here) and horizontal.
I'll see you back here tonight with more MFT New Products for our New Product Tour!
Kim's blog has the line up for today's Pep Rally Posts! Join me over there to see what everyone has to share.
Here is another look at the Die-namics I used on today's post.