Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Color Throwdown/ Reverse Confetti/ Watercolor Thanks




Hello everyone! Amy Rysavy is our host for week's Color Throwdown challenge! She found this fabulous painting on Crate and Barrel and loved the colors!  The colours for this week are to use Grey, Lime Green, Purple, FuschiaRemember we just use generic colors (so any brand/type/whatever you have will work) and you can always feel free to add in neutrals (white/black/etc) to make your creation pop!

If you upload your creation to a public gallery, please use the keyword CTD581, and please use #CTD581 and #colorthrowdown on social media so we can find your gorgeous creations!  When linking up your creation using the linky tool below, please be sure to link your specific post, not a general link to your blog.  All of the "rules" are in the right sidebar, and you can always check there to be sure!



I am a little late with my post today, but that's Okay. My card was finished, I just needed to get the time to photograph and edit it. I love how this turned out. I used the ink smooshing technique (pressed distress ink onto some clear acetate and spritzed with water and smooshed it onto the water color paper). I did one color at a time and used my heat gun to help  dry the paper. I added some ink to my craft mat and then picked up some of the ink and added some splatters. 

Before I cleaned up my ink , I used a scrap strip of water color paper and picked up the ink. It might not look fantastic, but it is always great to use for word dies. I cut the word thanks from the Hello & Thanks Confetti Cuts and layered up three pieces of the paper. I cut a strip of silver glitter paper and added that to the bottom of the water colored paper. I adhered the word to the top of that and then tucked in some sequins for an extra touch of glam. 


Check out the beautiful creations from the team this week! They are sure to inspire you, they always inspire me!! Have fun creating, we cannot wait to see what you come up with using these colors!


1 comment:

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!