Saturday, September 7, 2019

Picket Fence Studios/ Happy Stamptember

It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's Stamptember and I am so honored and really excited to be joining the fun with Picket Fence Studios. It's so cool that Nicole and Matt teamed up with Simon Says Stamp and created the most darling set for this collaboration. The set is called Shake Your Flakes This Season


I have two cards I created with this new set. First up is my snowy wintry sky with a few snowy friends. I did some ink blending with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in chipped Sapphire and Broken China. The PFS Life Changing Blending Brushes made the job quick and easy. I then used some white pigment ink to add a flurry of snowy flecks. 



I set it to the side to dry and started coloring up my snowman and pups. I used my Copic markers to color them up and did some fussy cutting with my paper snips. I then added some foam dimensionals to the backs of my images to make them pop.  


I added the sentiment to the top right corner in Intense Black ink. I used my Misti to stamp it, so  I could ensure a solid impression on the textured water color card stock. 


My next card I wanted to keep it a one layer card and not have to cut out the cuties, so I stamped and masked off the snowmen and then used the Life Changing Blending Brushes to add some ink to the sky and ground.



 I kept it soft with some Milled Lavender and dried Marigold. I used some Broken China for the ground. I then colored up the snow buddies with my copics.  


I stamped  the sentiment from Shake Your Flakes This Season in Intense Black ink. I know I said it was a one layer card, but I did end up popping up the colored panel. So it's a one layer-ish card. Still flat with no other embellishments for easy mailing. I tucked in a strip of rainbow striped paper. 


Thanks for stopping by today.
Head over to  Simon Says Stamp to pick up this limited Exclusive stamp set. 



Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Lisa these are positively adorable. Love cute snowmen sets and this is definitely one right here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!