Thursday, July 19, 2018

Get Cracking on Christmas Challenge


I am so excited to be joining Jenn Shurkus and this fabulous group of crafters for this fun Holiday Hop. Every year so many of us card makers say we run out of time to create our own holiday cards. Jen and Chari started this monthly feature on their blogs to help kick their own booties in gear and not be stuck without cards this holiday season. It's the third Thursday of the month, and  we are inviting you all to join us. Come make a holiday card, or two or three to get a jump start on your own holiday stash. You should have arrived here from Teri Anderson's Blog. You'll find the full blog hop listed below. 

I had fun with the Reverse Confetti Mod Floral Stack stamps and all the green inks by RC. I created a Christmas tree and love how it turned out. I started with the darkest ink, Olive,  at the bottom with the largest Mod Floral Stack stamp and worked my way up with the smallest image in the lightest ink (in order here are the other colors I used: Lime, Pistachio, and Seafoam). I used the Mod Floral Stack Confetti Cuts to cut them out. I topped the tree with a white glittery star from Seeing Stars Confetti Cuts



I added all the pieces to a Premium Polar White card stock panel cut from the Lacy Scallop Frame Confetti Cut. I stamped the sentiment from Sentimental Christmas in Avocado ink. I finished the panel off with some clear rhinestones for another little extra bit of shimmer. 



I am so excited to see what the rest of the line up has in store for us. Lot's of holiday inspiration, that's for certain. I'm the end of the line up, so follow me back to Jenn's blog so we don't miss any of the excitement. 

Susan Opel (posting on Jenn's site)


Thanks so much for joining me today. 
Here's a closer look at the Reverse Confetti products I created with today. 
















Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a clever idea! What a way to stretch your stamps! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card, Lisa - love those pretty greens and your pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous alternative use for the leaves.Super creative way to multi-purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. That's all. Just wow. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweet original card - thanks for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! I just love that stamp set and you have used it so cleverly here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! I love how you used the stamp set to create a tree. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on a tree card!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How creative is that!!?? Using the Mod Floral Stack to build a Christmas Tree, it gives it a funky modern feel and is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative use of a non holiday stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your design, so creative!! Please don't mind me if I CASE it. Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to use these new stamps to create a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea! The result is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever use of the stamps! love your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely MOD tree and especially loved the Scalloped Rectangle by RC because I own it too!! Great products and really showcases the center!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm that's a genius use of this set!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi.

    Great story. Very inspiring.

    For future posts I recommend this website: https://mirapic.com/, because you can get a lot of images for free.

    Also, as the Christmas is coming, you can use this christmas iPhone wallpaper on your Smartphone.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!