Monday, April 28, 2014

SugarPea Designs {Birthday Go-pher}

I adore this gopher from Sugar Pea Designs.  I needed a boy birthday card this weekend for a 7 year old and I thought the current challenge (SPD04) was the motivation I needed. It's a Clean & Simple card, while my card doesn't necessarily fit the "clean" category, it still is a rather simple design. 

 Boys are all about grunge and mud, so I distressed my background and added color with a stencil and spritzing of my Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I used my SU Color Spritzer (I have the original one from waaaaayy back. Glad I held onto that thing). 




I decided to not color up the adorable image. This gopher just cracks me up. It's from the Go-pher it! stamp set.  I simply stamped him on kraft cardstock with navy ink and used a circle die (all links below) to cut him out. I added the sentiment to a few colorful fishtail flags and attached them with some tiny staples. A scattering of enamel dots finished it off. 



Be sure to check out the link up on the Sugar Pea blog. It's always full of wonderful inspiration!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!