Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Retro Sketch and RC {Just a Little bokeh Note}

I'm playing along with the current Retro Sketch. It's Sketch no.111.  I loved the simplicily of it, yet it left me wide open for stamping options. I wanted to use my Reverse Confetti stamps and dies so I could also remind you all there is still a little time to play along with the Curtain Call Confetti Crush Challenge. I missed the reminder post yesterday with the team, but you can read all about it HERE. There is some more fabulous inspiration over on the blog.

I have been intruiged by the look of Bokeh in stamping. I almost purchased a stamp set specifically to create this effect, but then I saw a tutorial over on Splitcoast (thanks Lydia) and realized I didn't need any special stamps. I already have some supplies right on my desk....specifically for this card, I used a pencil eraser.



 Yep, that's it. I inked up the eraser with my colors of choice and then made sure to stamp two or three times (overlapping the dots/circles from time to time) to get a great generational stamping look. The dots get lighter and lighter each time I stamp with them. 

I used the rounded rectangle from the Class Act Confetti Cuts and matching stamp set  for my focal point. Sentiment is from the RC MUST have sentiment set, Lots To Say. I reach for it all the time.  

I cut the flag from Tag Me Confetti Cuts die set. I simply trimmed off one of the ends. I used a mini clothes pin and twine to pretty it up. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll check out the challenges I linked above. 




Photobucket

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!