Tuesday, November 5, 2013

TCPTuesNov13 { what's on your desk?}

A challenge is a challenge.....remember that! Haha! Alma comes up with the greatest ideas for the monthly TCP Tuesday Challenges. It's a new month, so we have a NEW challenge for you. As much as I thought this would be a breeze.....it was hard! BUT so, so much FUN!!!

The November TCP Tuesday Challenge is  to make one card. Then, with the supplies and papers on your desk, make two more cards. Give it a go. 

I chose to work with the sweet, sweet stamp set, Nesting. Those birdies are so sweet. Here is my trio. You can scroll down to see close ups of each individual card. 


 Here is what I started with. I used the Sketchbook Saturday sketch 108 for my layout. For the large focal image, I went with the Framed Up Cutups in Kraft and added stamping details from the Nesting stamp set. I think this makes the sweetest baby card. I added little blue eggs to the nest and cut out the birdie, popping him up with dimensionals. 


My next card uses the Deconstructing Sketch 125. My papers on all three cards are from Glitz. I really loved the browns and reds. This one is a square card, 4.25 inches.



 To the main image panel, I added the twiggy flourishes and stamped some leaf details. Again, I stamped the bird and cut him out with my paper snips. 

My final card, using the supplies on my desk is a mini card. I had a 6x3 piece of cream cardstock on my desk, so I scored it in half to make the base of my card. It's a 3x3 little note card. I added two embellies that were on my desk, the woodgrain washi and the gold sequin. 



I rarely clean up my desk between projects and these two fun embellishments were waiting to be used. Plus, I wanted to link this one up with Linda's washi's Up Recipe Swap! This time I stamped the bird on Kraft card stock with Kraft ink and popped him up with a dimensional. I added the sequin to give a little pizazz to my bird and to tie in the Gold ink I used with the sentiment. 



Hop on over to the TCP Blog for all the details about this month's challenge. I know you'll have fun with it AND you'll have a chance at a fabby prize!
So, here's the scoop. 
  1. The First Tuesday of the Month Alma will post a challenge on her blog. The challenge will also be posted on our Splitcoaststampers forum and on our Facebook page
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design on Alma's blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around)
  3. The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
  4. Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
  5. On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper. 
  6. The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  7. The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and Alma's Blog

 I'm going to give this challenge another try next week! Until then....happy stamping. 

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. AMMMMMMMMMMMAZING x1000000000! You are amazing, Lisa! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your use of papers and stamps and ribbons.... you just know how to put everything together PERFECTLY! I absolutely loooooove that first card-- stunning! LOVE IT!


    ps.... thank you so much for all of your comments on my blog! I've been MIA lately because we've been gone every weekend in October and today we leave for a cruise.... so needless to say-- I'm BEHIND! LOL! Hopefully I will catch up soon:) THANKS for making my day with your love and support <3 HUGS!

    ps2... I'm so sorry that these vacas have caused me to miss out on so many of your AWESOME creations! I hope to do better and catch up once we get back! Take note: I do stalk your stuff on FB!!!!!! LOVE it all:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that birdnest. Gorgeous.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Lisa is in the house. Oh my goodness, I love all these creations. That nesting set and what you did with it is freakin' gorgeous. I'm so glad you played along with us. You class up the joint. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing array of cards! I think the first one is my favourite but they're all so, so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Lisa! You have certainly made this set shine! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!