Friday, June 21, 2013

It's Friday, How about some Friends with Flair

Phew...what a week. I have been getting used to my new crafty non-routine.  I've enjoyed the freedom to just make something to make something. I even found a few new challenges. Did you see my Mixed Media Art Journal Page? Scroll down.

I've also been nursing my puppy back to health. An 11 month old Golden with a cone on his head is a handful. I think he has even been a bit depressed. But his Hot Spot is healing and the licking is under control.

Then to top my week off, we have had our first broken bone from one of the boys. Our middle guy, fell on his hand while playing 3v3 soccer the other night and broke his thumb. So, thankful my hubby is an ER physician. He was calm, cool, and knew right what to do.  Ryan is doing well, and I am sure the small cast will not slow him down too much. It's only on for 3 weeks! 

Needless to say, today's card rang true to my heart! ha!  Unity has the coolest stamps. 

Today, I pulled out a JUST RELEASED Unity stamp.  This one is called Keep Calm Have a Beer.   And that's just what I did last night. We enjoyed a little dock-side dinner with some great friends. 

I framed up the sentiment with the MFT Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namcis.  The cardstock is Soft Suede (one of my favorite browns from SU).  I colored in the letters and mug with copics.   

I shaded the mug with some of my Cool Grey copics and then used the pointillism coloring technique (using small, quick dabbing motions with the brush tip of your copic in multiple colors).  I thought it was a fun way to show off the bubbly drink inside my mug.  


Here are the markers I used to  color the mug up. 


It's Friday on the Unity Blog. So that means it's YOUR turn to link up your Unity creations. We love this day because we get to see how you've been using your Unity stamps. You could even win a prize! Give it a go. 

Here is a look at the sale going on this weekend. Along with the new releases, the FREE sentiment set, there is also $4 Shipping!!! woohooo! I always love a good shipping deal. 





Have a great weekend. 



Pin It
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the sentiment and it does sound perfect for your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love what you have done with this. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Love the technique for coloring the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card on the Unity FB page and couldn't figure out how you colored the mug. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have had a week of it Lisa, glad you got some time to yourself.
    Brilliant card for the week it`s been for you all and love what you have done with the beer glass!!
    Wishing you all a restful weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun card Lisa! I could sure go for a frosty mug right about now! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! LOVE your card, great colouring on the beer :) It looks fabulous!! Hope you get a good rest over the weekend, after an eventful week. Take good care! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  8. You KNOW I love this!!!

    Hope all your boys stay safe and healthy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so yummy looking Lisa!! Awesome stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card love how you used the twine

    ReplyDelete
  11. There must just about now be a keep calm quote for just about everything. The boys will definitely love this one. Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mug is just the coolest! Love how you 'filled' it, and love that MFT frame!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Lisa!!! Love the new stamps and your coloring is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you colored your mug! I'm not a beer drinker, but it still makes me thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! That stammp was perfect! I love the beer- hate the real stuff but it looks good on your card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You definitely made a card very accordingly to your week. I love the coloring, And all. I usually Also make projects depending on the mood I once tried to do itvery organized by date or so, but then I was not enjoying it Sorry for your week. Mine was kind of a mess too but such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect card for a rough, busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had quite the week! Your card is too darn cute! I like how you created the beer in the mug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my WORD how fun is this!! I think I need these stamps! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!