Friday, June 6, 2008

A Challenging Challenge



The sketch challenge over at SCS really had me fighting with this card today. I love the sketch but I think I made at least 5 changes to this card before it felt right. I used some of the Basic Grey, Phoebe paper again since it was still on my desk (notice a theme here, yes, I haven't cleaned my stamping space in a while!) I also used some yummy satin May Arts ribbon. Layered up my punches again-round tab and scallop circle. The butterfly is from the set, Time Well Spent. I colored it in with my Copics ( my other 14 finally arrived today-yippee!!) and then made her all sparkly with some Stardust stickles. Here is a close up of the detail. To finish the card I added some white dots with my gel pen to the scallop circle and balanced the top right with some of my dew drops. I'm lovin' the fun, girly colors!
Check back tomorrow for a look at what we are doing at my first official downline meeting. I got my third recruit last week and the four of us are getting together to stamp tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait!
Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Pretty colors, Lisa! Congratulations on your third recruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I missed it!! :( This looks way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!