Monday, November 21, 2011

A Scrapbook Page!

Thanks to my stamping pal, Krisitin Moore, I got a layout done this weekend with the intent to do a few more this week. It felt so good to dive back in and do a page for me. Not for a DT obligation, not for a challenge, simply just to document a family memory.
Kristin directed me to a new-to-us site, called Let's Scrap. It's an online community for the love of scrapbooking (you can make cards, too ;) ).  The sketches are awesome!!! and sketches for me....beautiful layouts making room for lots of photos. Check it out!
 
 I  did a 2-page spread of Ry's 5th birthday (yeah, he turns 8 this year....just a wee bit behind.....but I'm ok with that).
Some fun papers and some  MFT Stamps and Die-namics to help pull this page together.
Here's the sketch:

I'm hoping to have more layouts to share, real soon.  Oh, and if you want to see what Kristin did, you can find her  layout here. It's pretty amazing.  Tell her so!


Since I'm back here....I also thought I'd share what this little sweet boy made for me yesterday.

Nicholas got in on the action, too....he does everything Ryan does. Love that they snagged up some leftover die-namic pieces and put them to work.
The letter made me a bit teary....it's these unrequested, spontaneous moments that make the tough job of parenting all worth it!


Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I love it! Love how you mixed the stars and circles for the background elements, and the gray/yellow/green color combo is so cool! Can't wait to see page 2- don't give up!! And thanks for the shout out, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great second page Lisa! Love that zigzag die on there- perfect! And oh so sweet from your boys!!! You MUST scrapbook that note and cards from them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! What a fun LO--LOVE the circles and stars! And the pics are super cute! LOVE the stitching too! THANKS for sharing that website--checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the LO Lisa! I also think you have a couple of fantastic lads making you special cards and love letters! you are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!