Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Color Throwdown 626-Hello Farmhouse Wreath


Hi y'all!  Lisa Henke for the Color Throwdown Challenge this week.

This is #626 and your colors for this week arPlum, Cream and Black. Remember, we are using generic colors, so as long as you use the color values shown, you will be just fine! This is all about having fun so don't worry if you don't have the exact hues shown here. And you can incorporate any neutrals you need into your design as well.

If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word CTD626. Use #ctd626 and #colorthrowdown on social media sites. Link up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of this post and please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog..

Here is my card for this week's colors. I used the beautiful Farmhouse Wreath stamp set from Reverse Confetti. I love that there are extra floral images that you can use to create a beautiful background. I was looking for a wallpaper-like feel, yet didn't want it to over power the card, so I stuck with Midnight ink stamped on Cloud White Card stock. I layered that over top of some polka dotted paper from an old 6x6 paper pad, Darling Dots



I stamped the wreath image onto cloud white cardstock and and Midnight ink and then used my Zig markers to do some simple water coloring. I an extra bow and floral  and use the matching Farmhouse Wreath Confetti Cuts to cut them out. I adhere them with some foam dots for extra dimension. 


I went back and forth on how I wanted to do the sentiment and decided on a Midnight layered hello word die from the Hello & Thanks Label.


Thanks for stopping by. for more amazing projects with this week's colors, check out my teamies. 
Now let's see what the design team has created for your inspiration!
We can't wait to see what you come up with this week.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!