Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May release with My Favorite Things

Happy release night!!! So have you filled up your shopping cart yet? You can find all the Brand Spankin' New Product in the MFT Boutique. I can't wait to see what you all get.
Tonight I get to show you some projects with the new Mona Pendleton stamp set, Dandelion Wishes. Oh, how I love this stamp set. The details is gorgeous. You also don't want to miss out on the coordinating Die-namics set, Dandelion Stems and Toppers. I love having Die-namics to make for easy and perfect cutting every time. 

I have a big post, full of lots of ways to use this wonderful new stamp set, so settle in and enjoy. 
First up is a clean and simple card with a giant circle element. I used an earthy color scheme with Factory Green, Hot Fudge, and Orange Fizz. I have always been drawn to earth tones....hence my love affair with Kraft. 


I used my Circle Stax 1  & 2 to cut out the larger circle from a piece of Hot Fudge cs and then a smaller one, to nest in the center out of Kraft cs. 
I used the Dandelion Wishes stamp set to create my focal point. I used the two-step flowers, first stamped in Lemon Drop and then the other detail stamp was stamped on top with Orange Fizz ink. They dry beautifully on the Kraft card stock. I added the stem and leaf image in Sour Apple ink. 

I added the finished circle to my card base and trimmed off the right side. I then used the awesome new Happy Hellos Die-namics (a MUST HAVE!!) to add my die cut sentiment. This scripty hello is my fave, so I cut it out of Orange Fizz cs. The final detail was a giant Sour Apple button in the upper right of my card. 
-------------------------------------------

Next is a more artsy card, with a touch of embossing technique added in.  I have a lot of layers on this one. If you have been stopping by all week, then you know I am over the moon about the new Steel Blue color releasing this month. It is fabulous paired with Sno Cone cardstock and the new Berrylicious Ink. I used this combo here. 
cvvvvvvvv

I stamped the chicken wire stamp from Distressed Backgrounds onto Sno Cone cs with Berrylicious ink. I stitched around the edges. I then cut a 3x4 notepad Die-namics form Steel Blue cs and embossed the fluffy seedlings from Dandelion Wishes with White Embossing powder to really make them pop and add some texture to my card. I tied up the notepad piece with the yummy hemp twine. 


I had yet to use the traditional dandelion image paired up the the Danelion Stems and Toppers.   so I did here. I stamped the flower, this time with Sno Cone ink and Berrylicious. I gave it a little glittery center. The stem was stamped with Sour Apple ink

I added a touch of pretty with the largest Dotted Scallop Border Trio Die-namics, cut from Smooth White cs. I made it a bit shorter by cutting it full sized, first, then sliding the card stock over to the desired length and cut it again. I have a tutorial in my side bar that shows you how to do this. 
The sentiment was stamped with Steel Blue ink onto a Designer Label 3 Die-namics and then I tied on a trio of buttons-Sweet Tooth, Steel Blue, and Sour Apple. I rotated the direction of the holes for added interest. 
-----------------------------------------
Next up is the adorable PI-Make a Wish. I colored her up with copics and then cut her out. She has her own little fly-away dandelion seeds, but I wanted more. So I inked up some from Mona's set, Dandelion Wishes and embossed them in white. 

I added to layers of Dotted Scallop Border Trio Die-namics in Steel Blue cardstock and tied up the whole card with some Sweet Tooth grosgrain ribbon. 

I added a pretty sunset look to the Circle Stax panel, by swiping on some color with a few Gelatos. I then moistened the color and spread it around a bit with a watercolor brush.  I stamped the sentiment from the PI-Make a Wish stamp set in Steel Blue ink after my colors dried.  I embossed right over top of it and popped my PI up with some foam dots. 


I added some dots to the background with one of the new stencils, Graduated Dots. I used some Distress paints and made sure to dab on the paint, not brush it on. This way the paint didn't run underneath the stencil. I also use washi tape to hold my cardstock and stencil in place. 


I added more white, embossed dandelion seeds to the inside and stamped another sentiment from the PI-Make A Wish set. 


-----------------------------------------------------
I have one more way to show you how you can use this great set, Dandelion Wishes. This time I used a traditional yellow color scheme and a sketch from the Blueprints 3 Die-namics. I love these dies....and having sketches already to go makes creating beautiful cards FAST!!! You can download the sketches right from the MFT blog. 

Once again I reached for Sno Cone card stock and Steel Blue. I stamped the dots from Distressed Backgrounds in Berrylicious ink and then ran a quick stitch around the edge. 


I cut the rounded piece from Smooth White card stock and then I stamped the dandelions with Lemon Drop ink. I achieved the two tone look by stamping off once before stamping the first dandelion image. The second layer was stamped with full force Lemon Drop ink. The sentiment was stamped right over top of the flowers with Steel Blue ink. The stems were stamped with my favorite Sour Apple ink


I added a strip of Sour Apple cs with the pierced die piece from Blueprints 3. The sketch called for the flower that is included with with the Die-namics set. Instead, I decided to use the Dandelion Stems and Toppers Die-namics to cut out one more pretty yellow dandelion. I added some gorgeous Royal Leaves in Gumdrop Green and Sour Apple. A Steel Blue button all tied up with Hemp Twine and this card was almost done. 


While I still had out my supplies, I went ahead and stamped up the inside. I couldn't decide which sentiment to use, so I used both and placed this one on the inside. I also added more Distressed Backgrounds and another strip of the die cut Sour Apple cs


Thanks so much for sticking around. I hope you'll see just how fun and pretty this set is. You can never have to many flower stamps, so be sure to add Dandelion Wishes to your stamp supplies. 
Now Head on over to the MFT Blog to see the rest of the New Product Tour Details. The design  team has been busy creating with all the new goodies from this release. 

here's my shopping list. All Links should now be active. Have fun and Thanks!

Hello Dandelions Card:



Dare to Dream Blue Dandelion Card:



PI-wishes Card:



Make it Happen Dandelion card:

Pin It
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh my love all of them, hard to say but each one is so lovely and the colors are just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are so fabulous, I so need to go back and get the distress backgrounds, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lisa!! I haven't tried the stencils with distress paints yet, thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty assortment of cards Lisa! Love your color choices and white heat embossing! The stenciled detail adds a great touch! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Lisa.Love the white embossing.....and can't wait to try the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Love how the flower can be used as an embellishment like you did for the last card. Love the dandelions stamped in the BG on your second card! They are all just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards, Lisa, my favourite is the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It should be illegal to have so many wonderful cards in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, they are ALL so GORGEOUS! You really went all out with Mona's new set! My FAV is the second one where you stamped a background with the white embossed dandelions! LOVE the colors, too, and all of the details on all of the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!