Thursday, September 11, 2008

So Many New Toys!



Yes, it feels like Christmas around here and I'm loving it. I do think the spending freeze is in effect. Here are two cards I finished up the other day. They both use stamps from Unity Stamp Co. so with it being Hip Hop Thursday I thought it was appropriate to show them off today! What great images to work with and I still have more to play with! I also got my Stampin' Up! Holiday mini pre-order so I'll have some Sneak Peeks to share in the next few days! I love the colors on this first card. Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point are FABULOUS together!!! Throw in a little black and really make them pop! The background is a distressed dots background stamp and the butterfly image was a single Angela pulled out two weeks ago from the butterfly set. It looks a little blurry because after I stamped and colored the image I added red-line sticky strip over the whole oval and then applied clear micro beads. It gives a very cool, shimmery effect. This second card uses the wonderful set, Growing in Unity! It is a beautiful kit filled with lots of different flourishes, words, and this AWESOME tree! I added some dew drops and basic grey taffeta ribbon, and finished it off with some punched pieces for the sentiment and here you have it! Have a super day! Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. You're right, the black is fabulous with turq and pp. Love it! Great cards, love the embellies on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it is all your fault I HAD to get some Unity for myself!! ;) I love the butterfly with the microbeads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!! That tree card is AMAZING!! It's so my dream colors and so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!