Monday, September 1, 2008

Putting Leftovers to Good Use



I hate leftovers. There are very few foods I will eat leftover-weird, I know. This is something I inherited from my dad I guess. I do, however LOVE using my leftover scraps on new projects. I punched a ton of scallops from the Urban Garden dsp for one of the swap cards I've been working on. Well, if you have used the new scallop edge punch from SU you will know you are left with a thin strip of paper after you are finished punching (no more little fly aways, like with the corner rounder-yeah!). Since I had lots of these strips sitting on my desk, all the same size I figured I would put them to good use. I glued them onto a piece of basic grey cs and then attached that to a Baja breeze card base (this card is a 4 1/4 square). I added a birthday greeting from the On Your Birthday set, tied on some Baja striped ribbon and used one of the beautiful buttons from the Button Bouquet to complete the card. This was quick and easy! Try it, use those scraps and see what you come up with! Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. I actually love leftover food, but never know what to do with leftover scraps (and I have piles of them). Thanks for inspiring me with this beautiful card, Lisa! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent use of scraps! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Lisa! I wanna flip all those little layers, he he... ya know, like a little book? Hmmm... you've given me TWO great ideas. You rock, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, gorgeous "leftover" card! Great idea too! I'm with you on actually eating leftovers! That's what dh is for! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!