Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Color Throwdown 395-Tie-Rific



Hello stampy friends! I have a new card for this week's Color Throwdown 395 Challenge. I just love the earthy feel of these colors. Green and kraft together have aways been one of my favorite duos. So glad Jodi picked these colors for this week. 

As you may be aware, we use generic colors here at The Color Throwdown, and this week I am challenging you to use kraft, green and cream!  Please also feel free to incorporate any neutrals into your creation!  This is all about having fun!

If you upload your creation to a public gallery, please use the keyword CTD395, and please use #CTD395 and #colorthrowdown on social media so we can find your gorgeous creations!  When linking up your creation using the linky tool below, please be sure to link your specific post, not a general link to your blog.  All of the "rules" are in the right sidebar, and you can always check there to be sure!  Check out what the team has created this week, and please give a warm welcome to this month's Guest Designer, Kara Vrabel!


So I made another Father's Day card, but this one is for Papa. I really love that the Reverse Confetti set, Tie-rific includes a few different ways to say dad or grandpa. My boys call their grandpas, Papa, so this is perfect. 


I was kind of bummed the water colored background looks a bit more aqua or turquiose than I wanted. It is the Lucky Clover Distress ink but I do love how my background turned out so I decided to just go with it. I stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice Pigment Ink right over top once the water color panel dried. I added a strip of kraft card stock and die cut a row of dots with the Edge Essentials Confetti Cut. I stamped the tie in Field Day dye ink and then used the Tie-Rific Confetti Cut to cut it out. I added some wood veneer stars and sequins in green and kraft to finish  off my card. 

For more inspiration, check out the other design team members' creations below, and get inky! And don't forget to join us over on the CTD Blog. We can't wait to see what you create with these new colors.



June 2016 Guesti - Kara Vrabel
Kathy Schweinfurth, Guest Star Stamper - Stamps at Play





It is a 2 post Wednesday....check back later for my Curtain Call card. 
It's a new challenge over there, too!
See you soon!





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Lovely sprinkling of embellishments that still allows the card to have that "masculine" feel to it - a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this wonderful CAS design! That row of die cut dots is such a perfect detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!