Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Color Throwdown 390-Great Year


Hello, Color Throwdown fans!  Wanda is our hostess this week and my Michigan loving heart sure adored her color choices this week! Yay, Go Blue!




These classwedding cakes inspired my color palette for this week: Goldeyellow, navy, and whiteIt's a simple combo that will hopefully get your creative juices flowing! Remember... we’re using generic colors and you can add whatever other neutrals you choose.  It’s all about having fun!

If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword CTD390, and please use #ctd390 and #colorthrowdown on social media sites.  Also when playing along please be sure to use adirect link to your creation/blog post and not a generic link to your blog.  Also we ask that you not use digital projects--only digital images that are printed off and colored will be allowedAll of the rules are in the right sidebar if you have any questions.

The end of the school year is quickly approaching and I want to make sure I am ready for all the teachers. I used this week's colors to make this thank-you card. I loved combing the apples and stars for a teacher themed card.

I started this one with some clear embossing of the So Many Stars border. I stamped it three times with Versamark and then clear embossed it.



 Once that cooled, I smooshed on some  Mustard Seed distress ink and gave my back ground a quick color wash. I let that dry and stamped my All Apples pieces and then cut them out with the All Apples Confetti Cut. I then cut some You Are Amazing Confetti Cut stars with Blueberry card stock. I then tucked in a strip of diagonal striped paper and added some pretty yellow sequins. 



For more inspiration, check out the other design team members' creations below, and get inky! And don't forget to join us over on the CTD Blog. We can't wait to see what you create with these new colors.


Amy Rohl, April 2016 Guestie - Ink About Me
Linda Beeson, Guest star stamper - PaperCutting Kind of Day

Have a beautiful Wednesday friends. I hope you are safe. I know there is some crazy wild weather happening around the country. 

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You are so rocking the watercolor backgrounds, and that embossing in there is just awesome! LOVE that yellow apple...reminds me of the apples I picked as a little girl at my grandma's house. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB job Lisa, love the background you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right...they are Michigan's colors - lol! Glad I made you happy! :-) LOVE this card with the mix of stars and apple...perfect teacher card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cool card! Those are my high school colors--so fun for the wedding cakes & your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!