And while we are at it, how about we make your life even easier with a "cheat sheet" of all that's new? Head over to the MFT Blog to print out a shopping list.
Here are the details about the upcoming release:
- You can attend the New Release Party on September 10 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on September 10 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- If you'd like to see all the designers' posts for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on September 10 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
Welcome back to our Pep Rally posts for today. I have to say I am jumping with excitment to share my project with you today. It is one of those craft projects I have had in my head since I first laid eyes on the new LOLLIPOP TREAT DIE-NAMICS & STAMP SET.
I love my candy and so do my kids, but our schools are pretty much doing away with food treats because of all of the different allergies many kids have these days. Over the years, it is encouraged to bring in non-food item treats for parties and birthdays. Pencils are great alternatives. Sooooo I thought, why not try a pencil in the treat holder in place of a lollie? Then with it being Halloween, what about making it into a broom?
This is how the treat holders are meant to look like when they are put together with the stamps included . Cute stuff! There were lots of adorable samples shared by the DT the other day with this Die-namics and stamp set (I am sure you'll see a few more today, too!).
In place of the stamping along the bottom half of the treat holder, I pulled out my LOOPEY BLOOM DIE-NAMICS and cut some Kraft card stock to make a broom. I seriously squealed once I had the first one put together.
Here's a quick tutorial on how I created these brooms.
1. Cut a Loopey Bloom Die-namics and the Lollipop Treat Holder Die-namics, in the color of your choice. I did mine in Kraft cs.
2. Trim the Loopey Bloom piece at 1.25 inches. This will allow for teh fringe pieces to be separated.
3. Here is the cut, Loopey Bloom piece.
5. Once you have all your pieces cut to size, using a sponge, add some distress ink to the edges of all the fringe and sides of the cut, Loopey Bloom pieces. I also added distress ink to the edges of the treat holder.
6. I used the pencil to roll the edges of the fringe up. This creates the broom pieces, adding a 3D effect to the treat holder.
7. Begin adding the sponged, rolled pieces of the broom, starting at the bottom and moving up the treat holder. If you have some fringe hanging over the edge of the treat holder, you can turn it over and trim them off.
8. To help hold the pencil in place, add a glue dot to the bottom of the treat holder. The top will be held in place with the twine or ribbon you used to tie up the top of the holder.
9. embellish with the toppers and stamps included with the LOLLIPOP TREAT HOLDER DIE-NAMICS & STAMP SET. I added a button and a HALLOWEEN CHARMS DIE-NAMICS.
Here is a close up of the details I added to the broom. I added some of the new Hemp
Twine to wrap around the tops of my broom, like the metal binding real brooms have to hold them onto the stick.
I also have been dreaming up (yes, I seriously think of these things while I am laying in bed at night) making a bunch of little mini cards with the adorable HALLOWEEN CHARMS that are being released later tonight.
Cut a bunch out and add a sweet sentiment, this one is from the LOLLIPOP TREAT STAMP SET and wah-la! You could easily whip up a sweet collection of 3x3 cards and have them all be a little different, in no time.
Here I used Kraft and Black Licorice Card stock for my card base. I cut the grave stone from the NEW STEEL GREY card stock and brushed it quick with some white ink. I trimmed off the little hole and added it in front of the cool new PICKET FENCE DIE-NAMICS.
I used some grey polka dotted designer paper from SU to cut out the smallest cloud from the JUMBO CLOUD STAX DIE-NAMICS and then added one of the crescent moon charms from the HALLOWEEN CHARMS DIE-NAMICS and finished it off with a Lemon Drop Button and Charcoal twine.
That's if from me for now. I'll be back tonight with my New Product Tour post. For now, hop on over to Kim's Blog for all the details about tonight's release.
Here are the Die-namics I used on today's projects.