Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MFT Dec. Shop & Hop!

Woohooo! Time to order, time to order!!! Or did you already??? Either way, I know you won't have a hard time filling up your cart-too many fabulous new finds! Click here for all the Brand Spankin' New!
Hopefully you just arrived here from Joy's blog, if not, then hop all the way back to the beginning to Kim's blog so you don't miss any of the exciting projects. Before I get into my project, I wanted to give out one more shout out to our fabulous Dec. Temp Team! They ooo'd and ahhh'd me all week long! Lots and lots of talent. Thanks for all your hard work.
I'm sure excited to share this fun project with you. It's no surpise that I am showcasing the new Textile Rectangle Die and stamp set! I looooove each and every framed die & stamp duo AND this one is no different. It's a little bit bigger than the others, and looks great with lots of the other die-namics in the MFT boutique. You can purchase it tonight HERE!
It was the perfect size to make these super sweet holiday ornaments for my tree. Is it bad that I was going to make these for my MIL, and then decided to keep them for myself? lol! If time allows, I'm hoping to make her a set too. Here's what I did to get started. I'm proud of myself for being a little bit green, by recycling an empty cereal box (although, it would have made it to the recylce bin anyway). I wanted a thinner chipboard to work with, so this box was perfect. I used the Textile Rectangle die-namics die to cut out 3 frames, and then used some of my beloved Girl's Paperie, Tinsel & Twigg, to cut and cover the chipboard with. I used the negative of the die cut chipboard to see if the frame would fit my pictures, and it did, so I positioned the die over each pciture and ran that through the big shot.
Once I had all my frames cut:
3 chipboard ones
6 designer paper/cs pieces
and 1 of each of the 3 photos
I was able to assemble them.

I stuck to the same general design for each ornament, changing up the die-namics, paper, and sentiment. So they all coordinate, without being matchy-matchy.
Here's the front:
and here's the backside of them
Here's all the MFT product I used to create these:
mini Banner Day alpha (comes with the mini banner die)
I've also got one last card using the same set....seriously, so many uses for this set. You're gonna love it. And if you get this set and don't have the sunshine die-namics yet....pop that in your cart, too. It's great with this sentiment. I used MFT fossil cs for my base and see how great the Textile Rectangle die looks with the Perfect Bracket edge, it's there along the bottom of my orange designer paper. A perfect match!
Alright, I've kept you here long enough. Hop along to another Dec. Temp Team member, Gabbe! She's going to WOW! you, for sure.

Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. LISA!!!! I LOVE your projects!!! And your sons are so cute! The ornaments are such a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the ornaments!! So cute!! Awesome card, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is fantastic! No, it's not bad you kept it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornaments are adorable! ANd that card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you wowed me with those tags and the sunshine card, love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - love your tree ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super project and very cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute I'm sooooo in love with their stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! You have 3 boys just like me- and I have a Ryan too!! Great little ornaments..I'm feeling inspired to make something personalized for my kids now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A) Make another set aint no shame in being GREEDY!
    B) You give your kids sugary cereal
    C) PRECIOUS Faces
    D) THANK YOU for all your kind supportive comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous project! I love how cute these all are, and what a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! I love what you did for your creation, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your ornaments, very cute!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How creative and fabulous those ornaments are! (And cute boys, too!) And LOVE the sunshine card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG missy, this is so amazing! I love the tags, wickd idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those ornaments are perfect. What a great thing to give grandparents!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness...what a fabulous idea and I just love how you dressed them up...you have such sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love your tree and your boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa, thanks so much for the kind words on my blog! But u are the creative genius!!! Wow, every time I come to your blog U have something new and amazing!! One of my favorite blogs! Happy holidays! Nicole (onesweetroance.com)

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO SO cute!! Those ornaments are fantastic -- gonna be borrowing that idea right away! Love the card -- the sunshine is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks like you had fun doing these - they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your photo tags (and faces) are precious! you do such a wonderful job showcasing these dies, lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!