Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch {love you}

Oh, my! I can't wait to show you my card .today. I love how it came together. I was inspired by my crafty friend, Joanne to play along with the Case Study Challenge Blog this week. Her creation was awesome. 

Most importantly,  it's also Sunday, so that means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. Lucky you, I combined the two challenges to create this sweet lovey card. 



I used my Reverse Confetti stamp set, Lots to Say and a few of the Confetti Cut dies. 

I started by cutting my circles. I say circles because I cut two, one from white cs and another in the same size in that gorgeous Gold heart vellum. Swooon!

 I pick up a pack of this cool gold print vellum from Stampin' Up last week and I am IN.LOVE. 

I stamped the lovey sentiment in Black Licorice ink on the white circle and then adhered the vellum over top. 

I added in chevrons from the Case Study #177 inspiration photo/card by Danielle Flanders with a fishtail flag bit cut from the Tag Me dies, and by using a chevron embossing folder on the Insulation Pink layer. 

Here's a peek at the inspiration photo:



I added more bits of gold with a strip of Gold Sequin Trim (also SU!). I made an embellie cluster up at the top, following the sketch, by cutting a heart from Love Note Confetti cut and topping that with a button and lots of twiney bows! 

Here is this week's sketch:

Stop by Karen's Blog for all three challenge details. 

 Don't forget to see what the Sweet Sunday Sketch team has done this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous Sunday and a great start to your week. 






Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. You have every right to be pleased. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa! This is awesome, love the string and the button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lisa this is simply stunning. Love how you added the vellum over the top. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I saw that vellum in the catalog and have wanted to order it. Thanks for enabling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Lisa! Love those sweet gold hearts around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK. Wait. Let's talk about this gold heart vellum. OMG. I NEED! Your card is GORGEOUS, as usual, my friend! Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Love the gold heart vellum overlay--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card for sure! Love the little embellishment at the top! Also, thanks for taking time to stop by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa,

    Ohhh lala, the sequins, the teeny hearts - oh you are speaking my language! I like how minimalist the glimmery bits are, they just add such interest and joy to your already super pretty card.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!