Saturday, August 17, 2013

Challenges and Unity!

It's a jammed packed post here on my blog today. It's fun to combine a few challenges. Heather and I were at it again, playing along together in a couple of challenges. We were taking advantage of Heather's last few days of summer, she goes back to work next week. I'm feeling pretty lucky that my kids and myself get a whole nother week before our crazy begins. 

I pulled out my August SMAK kit from Unity stamp co. and created a fun card. These kits are designed with scrappers and mixed media artists in mind, but I loooove that they also can make great cards, too. 
I have this and all the other details about the SMAK kit program over on the Unity Blog. Stop on by for the details. 


The card was inspired by THIS card and Challenge from the CaseStudy Blog. I loved the layout of the card, those rounded corners are a nice change from the normal A2 card. I also loved the colors and the banner element, so I was sure to use those on my card, too. 

I used most of the new IN Colors from Stampin 'Up. They really are pretty. 



We are also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Make the Cut. You can read all about that challenge HERE. We were to use a die cut on our card. A Challenge? I think not. I big {PUFFY} heart my dies. It think I use them on almost every card I make. ♥ This is a new one from MFT, called Layered Treat Tag.  I also used a die, to make the pretty coral rolled flower. It's one of the first MFT came out with  and I am happy I re-discovered it in my stash. 

That's it from me today. Sweet Sunday Sketch is tomorrow. Stop back by. Before you go, don't forget to check out Heather's blog to see what beautiful creation she made using these same two challenges.

(product list coming soon.)



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Lisa. I love that pretty rolled flower and twine bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I love the runny circles and pretty flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, graphic card! I just love the stamped rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the elements here, the colors are lovely also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many gorgeous details on this! Love every bit of them! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming card! The colors are so happy together and beautiful! Glad you decided to join us in the Die Cut Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!