Sunday, February 19, 2012

CASE STudy-Hello Flowers






I had time to play with this week's CASE STUDY challenge.  I LOVED the flowers on  Karola Witczak card.  I went right to my trusty and beloved MFT Die-namics to create some pretty blooms for my card. I even pulled together a quick little picture tutorial on how I made my double layered rolled flowers. EASY! I'll show you. 

First, here's my card. You can see all the challenge details HERE, on the CASE STUDY blog. 


Pin It


Here is how I created the beautiful two-toned rolled flowers with felt. I used two different Die-namics for my flowers, the Rolled Flower and the  Rolled Scallop Flower.  The process is the same for any of the rolled flower Die-namics. Give it a TRY!

 TWO-TONED ROLLED FLOWER TUTORIAL:


1. Cut 2 of each of the flowers in coordinating felt colors. 

2. Layer the two cut pieces one, on top of the other.  I have a picture of each of the two flowers and how I layered them on top of each other. 



 3. Begin to roll.  I like to use my tweezers to get the rolling started, a quilling tool AND even just your fingers will do the job, too.

 4. After you've rolled it up, go ahead and add your favorite adhesive. I love to use Fabric Fusion when working with felt. I add it to the back of the flower, and attach the first flower tab to the back. 

5. More adhesive to the second flower tab. Then set it aside to dry.

Here is a picture of the two finished rolled flowers. 
 and how about another look at the finished card. 


The cardboard flower was made with the Beautiful Botanical Die-namics.  I've had this one sitting on my desk and I have been dying to use it on a card. The sentiment is from the gorgeous new Finishing Flourishes Stamp set (stamped on the larger fishtail banner piece from First Place Award Ribbon) and I tucked in a few Leafy Flourish Die-namics pieces behind the flowers. 

Click the links below to shop the MFT Boutique. Thanks for stopping by. Have a beautiful Sunday!








Pin It
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. SO pretty, Lisa! LOVE the two-toned flowers! Great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card with those flowers! Fabby tutorial too - I might have to purchase some of those Die-namics...!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Lisa, gorgeous flowers! Cheery colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!