Here is how I created the beautiful two-toned rolled flowers with felt. I used two different Die-namics for my flowers, the Rolled Flower and the Rolled Scallop Flower. The process is the same for any of the rolled flower Die-namics. Give it a TRY!
TWO-TONED ROLLED FLOWER TUTORIAL:
1. Cut 2 of each of the flowers in coordinating felt colors.
2. Layer the two cut pieces one, on top of the other. I have a picture of each of the two flowers and how I layered them on top of each other.
3. Begin to roll. I like to use my tweezers to get the rolling started, a quilling tool AND even just your fingers will do the job, too.
4. After you've rolled it up, go ahead and add your favorite adhesive. I love to use Fabric Fusion when working with felt. I add it to the back of the flower, and attach the first flower tab to the back.
5. More adhesive to the second flower tab. Then set it aside to dry.
Here is a picture of the two finished rolled flowers.
and how about another look at the finished card.
The cardboard flower was made with the Beautiful Botanical Die-namics. I've had this one sitting on my desk and I have been dying to use it on a card. The sentiment is from the gorgeous new Finishing Flourishes Stamp set (stamped on the larger fishtail banner piece from First Place Award Ribbon) and I tucked in a few Leafy Flourish Die-namics pieces behind the flowers.
Click the links below to shop the MFT Boutique. Thanks for stopping by. Have a beautiful Sunday!