Sunday, December 11, 2011

the Magic of Christmas

I'm trying to get in the rest of my holiday stamping before it's time to put those beautiful holiday stamps away for the year.  I was looking through my list of challenge blogs and decided to jump in on this week's CASE study. Amy Sheffer is one of my stamping idols and she's the Dec. Muse over there. Check out that challenge Here.



Plus I got in on the Ribbon Carousel Peppermint Twist challenge. I've been dying to use this ribbon I bought from there, so I did. I kept the card  all white and red, like Amy's, and added lots of layers and texture, too. All products are My Favorite Things!

I layered up the Open Scallop doily duo and made a pretty loopy bloom (made with MFT felt). I just love tucking little goodies in the middle. This time I added a twine bow and a few jingle bells hanging.  I stamped only part of the "Believe in The Magic of Christmas" sentiment from the Inspired by Christmas set. Seriously, go check out that stamp set, I know you'll love it.  A few dew drops finish off the card.

Until next time......HUGS!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Lisa! I really love those glittery little jingle bells and that fabulous felt bow! (I really need that die, EVERY time I see it, i think I need it!) and the peppermint stripe just adds that perfect holiday touch. :) Thanks for popping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely stunning, Lisa! I, too, adore Amy's style and you've certainly captured the best of it with this card! The colors are super festive and perfect for this week's Ribbon Carousel challenge! Thanks for playing along with both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! There's so much texture and dimension here! So glad you played along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous CASED creation--LOVE that flower in the center and that ribbon strip...LOVE that little bell too!! SO cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, this card is just yummy!! LOVE the candy cane ribbon/trim :) Gorgeous textures too...thanks for playing with us this week over at CASE STudy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is just absolutely stunning, everything is perfectly placed and balanced. I love that it is details but still clean and how cute is the little bell. Thanks for much for sharing you talent and playing at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Congrats on your Top 3 win at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Top 3 win at CASE Study! Your card is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that red just pops, and your layers and textures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too sweet, Lisa! Thank you for playing along with CASE Study. I'm honored to have been part of the inspiration for your beautiful creation. I love everything about it -- the felt flower, the candy cane ribbon, the layered doilies, texture, and oh my gosh, I can't leave out those sweet jingle bells! This just blow me away! Congrats on your CASE Study shout-out, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!