Friday, September 9, 2011

A CASE study on CASual Friday!

I got a lot accomplished today and when I get to squeeze in a little stampy time....it's even better! Woke up, worked out, met little man's preschool teacher, made lunch, knocked out a load of laundry, and got the big boys off the bus for an early release day (yes, on the second week of school.....seems  a little premature, but the boys were geeked!).
 I have been checking out the CASE study challenges for the past few weeks. Such a fun challenge to honor some of the great stamping inspiration out there. I feel bad that this is the first time I'm actually playing along since a few of my dear stamping friends have been in the feature for this blog.
This month Julie Lacy is in the spot light. I LOVE her style. Always have, always will. Here's my Julie inspired card for Challenge no.56. I Had some fun with the new MFT September release stamp set, First Class Friend.  I played up the general layout of Julie's card, along with the color scheme and I used the giant postage stamp for the label.  Couldn't help myself....had to add a sweet, Prima Donna Petals to accent the corner.
Next I joined the CASual Friday challenge-paper piecing with a fall theme. Unity stamps to the rescue on this one. I was on a roll with the postage theme, so I stamped out the turkey postage stamp from the September KOM...all seasons and pieced him up with some polka dotted paper by Bella Blvd.  This one took me all of 5 minutes to pull together (once I picked out my papers....I probably spent 8 minutes looking for just the right prints).  I'm linking this one up with the Unity FWF  over on the unity blog, too.
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Like both cards. Great use of DPs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty card I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Lisa! You made awesome color palette choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are both gorgeous Lisa, so glad you played along with us at CASE...hope you have a fabby weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! Gorgeous cards, as always! The turkey is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these cards Lisa! Those stamps from the September KOM are so fun...the holidays are almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, I love your fall card! The colors and design are so pleasing and intricate! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute! I really like the fall colors of this and great job with the sketch :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these cards - the fall colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. I just love your creative and inspiring style. Thanks for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are beautiful. Nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, great cards Lisa! Glad to see you playing along! Thanks for playing along this week at CASE Study!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are so cute Lisa! Love the little turkey on the second card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUPER duper cute--LOVE your papers and those leaves!!! FUN FUN FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun layered stamping! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa these are great! I love the colors that you've used! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A polka dotted turkey! I LOVE it :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! The colors on both of these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!