Monday, July 28, 2014

SugarPea Designs Sketch Challenge 8

**Please Scroll Down for my Lil' Inker Design July Release Post**

Soooo, I'm a little late. Rarely happens around here, but I got my dates mixed up. sorry! I do have a quick sample for you using the current SugarPea Designs Sketch. It's a good one, and I know you'll have some fun with it. 

I made a simple birthday card using the adorable new Great Catch stamp set. While I love coloring these great stamps, they also look great on their own.. 

Here I kept the sweet little fishin' Raccoon neutral. Stamping him in gray in on some Grout Gray card stock. I did add some very light, subtle shading with a T1, R1, and G40  along the edges to make him pop a little. I did color up the fish and added some glitter. 


I also stamped his arm and the fishing pole, cutting them out and piecing them on top of the original stamped image. I added a bit of thread to give a realistic look to his fishing line. 


Here's a quick look at the sentiment. I stamped that in Hot Fudge ink







The rules are very simple…
  • Create a new card or project using the SugarSketch provided.
  • SugarPea Design stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable 
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS08 so that we may check out your beautiful work
  • Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz shown below.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $10 Gift CERTIFICATE to the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe.  
  • However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $15!
Have a great day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a darling card. Love the subtle coloring of the cute raccoon. His fishing pole & line are really sweet. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love that you didn't colour him but the fish!!! And that yellow embossed background on kraft, hot GF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!