Monday, July 1, 2013

RAK's and Wednesday Sketches

I have been stamping up a storm this past week and reconnected with some challenges out there in Blog land. You'll be seeing those later this week. 

 Today I have a duo of WSC cards. I love using similar product to create totally different cards. It helps stream line the process. Throw in a couple of great sketches and these two cards were done within an hour.  
I am also making a point to send out some RAK's!!! It is always fun to brighten someone's day with a handmade card. 


First up is my card for the WSC129 sketch. With Independence Day coming up this week, I knew I wanted to ink up the sweet PI-Lady Liberty. I pieced up her gown, and added some shading with a copic marker. 


The rest of her was colored up with my copics. 




I used these colors to color up Lady Liberty. 


I then cut out some stars with the original Stacking Stars Die-namics and some Nightshift Blue cs. I love that these stars are all connected and I can cut a bunch of stars in a variety of shapes with one pass of my Vagabond.  I tucked in a few sequins for some sparkle. 

Since I had all these papers still out, I also decided to play along with WSC130.  I followed the sketch almost exactly, I just left off the flower element and decided to scatter the rest of the stars I had cut out from my first card over the Heirloom Label Die-namics


The sentiment is from the Bold Statements stamp set. It is out of stock right now, It was this month's FREEBIE with the Cherry on Top promotion. Good news is, you can purchase it with the next release when it goes into the general stamping circulation.  It's a fun one. 


I picked up this cool sparkly twine, Metallic Vintage Hemp Twine,  with my order from {iheartpapers} last week. It's so cool. 

Hope your week is starting out GREAT!!! I know for many of you this is a short week with a long holiday weekend in store. 


Pin It
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Those are both so cute!!! I love your PI card!!! SO FUN!!!
    Great minds think alike, I also was going to use "You are a STAR" for WSC, but I haven't gotten around to it yet... I will think of another fun sentiment for mine... There are 2 other ones from that set that might fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fabulous! I especially love the sweet PI girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweet PI, and fab job streamlining your process! That metallic twine looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally gorgeous, Lisa!!! Love the different look with similar products - I need to do that more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!