Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MFTWSC-Celebrate

I am wasting no time this week with the Wednesday Sketch Club Challenge this week. I love during the Release Parties that the new sketch is usually shared, and when I woke up this morning the challenge was already posted. So I got crafting. 

I was sooooo inspired by Amy's nautical themed baby projects from the New Product Tour. The colors, the stripes and the anchors.....LOVE! 

I hope you aren't getting sick of the Atlantic papers from Studio Calico. Obviously, I'm not. I pulled out some of the blue toned patterns and used them on this week's card. You can find this week's Challenge details and the sketch HERE. 


I am really embracing this nautical trend. I love the anchor die included in the Sea Charms Die-namics set from MFT. I tied one on with some Hemp Twine and a Kraft button. 


I was also fortunate to get this new Accent it-Celebrate Die-namics with one of my last DT packages when I was on the MFT team. I had to hold on to it until after it was officially released last night. I was  eager to bust it out. I looove how these letters are cut out. I added the diagonal strip from Washi Patterns along the bottom. 



I was going to add a "happy Birthday" sentiment to the inside, but then decided I would leave it blank. I think the celebrate on the outside lend this to becoming a card that could be used for any occasion. So I just added a strip of those diagonals along the bottom. 


While I was working with MFT sketches, I decided to also bust out a card for last week's sketch. You can find the WSC131 sketch details HERE.

I kept my card fairly simple and followed the sketch to a tee. I used Blissful Butterflies in place of the flower in the corner. 

I cut three different sizes and stamped the matching images on to the Primitive Cream cs in Pink Lemonade, Kraft and Lemon drop (stamped off once. I can't wait for my Banana split ink to arrive) inks. 


I do love the Chalkboard Frame Die-namics. They are so fun to work with and you really can build just about any size frame you desire.  I stamped some Darling Dots over top in Cream ink and then used my Tim Hotlz, Tiny Attacher to add those small staples. I love the rustic feel they add to my card. 

Thanks for hanging with me today! wishing you a fabulous weekend! See you back here in a day or two with some more crafty stuff. 

Product Links:

Pin It
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous, Lisa! Love...love those butterflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! The frames are a great design element.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so fantastic! I just ordered the Atlantic papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these - especially the nautical one! I'm your newest follower!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nautical design is so cute! I love the way you layered the word die cut over the Polaroid frame, and that little ribbon tab is a great accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!