Sunday, May 5, 2013

MFT Teaser Day 5-{Cheerful}

Happy Sunday! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I've had a good one and have had a chance to do a little bit of all the things I love.....family, creating, soccer, and fresh air. I also get to show you another set of fun with the new My Favorite Things products that will be releasing this Tuesday. 
I just love the Doodle Garden line of stamps. This month's gal is called, Turtle Girl. I used some preppy colors to show her off. I stamped her onto x-press it card stock and then colored her with my copics. I cut her out and used some foam dots to pop her up onto the pretty pierced circle from Blueprints3 (gosh, I love this Die-namics set!!).

Here are the markers I used to color her up. 


 and  another look at the Turtle Girl. She's so sweet. 


I also cut three strips of the pierced border strip included in the Blueprints 3 Die-namics. I cut two in Gumdrop Green and one in Sour Apple. I then added a cool paper bow from the same Die-namics set. 



The sentiment was stamped with Razzle Berry ink.  I looks great stamped on the Pink Lemonade card stock. I added the finished card front onto a Banana Split cardstock mat and added the whole panel to a Sweet Tooth card base. Since I was using the Blueprints 3 Die-namics, I made the card a 5 inch square.  I added a few epoxy colored dots here and there to accent the card. 


I stamped the sweet Turtle Girl image one more time, on the inside in Black Licorice ink. She'll look great next to the little note I'll add when I find an appropriate time to send this card. :)

------------------------------------
Today I also have a sweet little 3x3 note card trio with the beautiful new sentiment set, Cheerful Blessings by Lisa Johnson. I was over the moon excited about the adorable sentiments included in this set. I love the idea of tucking these notes into my kids lunches, or backpacks, and maybe even left on the desk for someone at the Catholic School I work at. 

They are sure to make anyone smile. 

I used the same colors on all three, just in different arrangements-Banana split, Gumdrop Green, and the new Steel Blue
First up is my favorite. The card bases for all three is the newest Mini Album Square Scallop STAX.  I then added bits and pieces from the Blueprints 3 Die-namics. 


I used the Square Stax 1 Die-namics to cut a layer of Smooth White cs for the top of my scallop card base.  I then used Berrylicious and Steel Blue to stamp an assortement of Peaceful Wildflowers.  I stamped the sentiment from Cheerful Blessings in Steel Blue ink

The next card I used the circle from Blueprints 3 to stamp the sentiment in Berrylicious ink. The layered flower is from the same Die-namics set. I wrapped this one up with some bakers twine. 


I used the circle element from Blueprints 3 again for my sentiment. I love the sweet little sun stamp included with the Cheerful Blessings set. I stamped it in Orange Fizz ink and added a sweet Gumdrop Green button. Berrylicious ink was used again with the sentiment. I really love this color of ink. 

Head on over to the MFT Blog for all the details about today's teasers. 
**please note that the new product links will not be active until 10pm, May7th. **

Turtle Girl card:
Cheerful Blessings note cards:

Pin It
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow, these are all so fabulous, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your belated card is so cheerful. Who could stay mad when you received that sweet thing in the mail? Also loving the berrylicious/steel blue combos. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful set of cards.These sentiments are going to make those difficult cards easier to make....just let the words make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card trio is so sweet, and I'm lovin' turtle girl, so sweet! Great idea with the yellow epoxy dot on the bow, love that....oh, and the color variation of the stripe layers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a doll! I LOVE that card trio, such a fabulous idea. I just might have to CASE that one. ;)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work - great JOB! Your work says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you've been busy, so pretty ...adorable turtle girl card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the turtle girl and the 3x3 cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! Love them all! Excited by all the fun new dies and stamps! Fabulous coloring on your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of creativity in this post. Great job & I love the cute little turtle girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!