Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MFT May Release Rewind {love struck}

Hello! So happy to see you here. The MFT  May release was last week, AND we are still having fun with all the new goodies. I hope your orders have arrived (or are on their way to you) and you have found some time to play, too.

I decided to pull out a few stamps and Die-namics that I didn't have a lot of time to use during Teaser Time.  I think Laina Lamb's new set, Right on Target, is just the coolest. I created two cards, a little on the Clean and Simple side, to show off the great sentiments. Of course a few Die-namics helped complete the look and feel I was going for. 


This first one was inspired by an ad I got in my email from Two Peas. The 3x4 Notepad Die-namics is a great focal point for any card. I cut one out with some Smooth White card stock and then used a heart from Rustic Heart Die-namics to create a cut-out element to show off the arrow.

 That was cut from Black Licorice cs and the new Feathers and Arrows Die-namics. I glued it across the heart cut out to keep the point and end lined up. I then snipped off the middle of the arrow.

Along the bottom of the note pad piece, I stamped some Darling Dots in Lemon Drop (stamped off once) and then wrapped around some Washi Tape for another graphic element. The sentiment was stamped in Black Licorice ink. I cut the stamp in between the words, so I could stack them on top of each other to fit this space. 

I mounted this on a Kraft mat and stitched around the edges. I used Banana Split card stock for my card base. 
------------------------------------------------
For my next card, I cut another 3x4 Notepad from Kraft cardstock this time. I wanted a subtle background stamped on this piece.

 I reached for Mod Borders and used Berrylicious and Sour Apple ink to stamp the graphic and trendy arrow-like image across the note pad. 



I used Rectangle Stax 1 Die-namics to cut a place for my sentiment on Sno cone cs. 


 I stamped the sentiment in Steel Blue ink and then added the arrows from Right on Target in Berrylicious ink. 

I needed stars, of course, so I pulled out the original Stacking Stars  Die-namics, and the teeny star from Star Stax Die-namics to cut a cluster from Sour Apple and S
no Cone. I used a sketch from the Retro Sketch Blog for my layout and then tucked in a few gems.  

I mounted this all on a matt cut from Nightshift Blue, to mimic a stary night. I used Smooth White cs as my card base. 
-------------------------------------------------
I have one more card and this time I reached for the new Bingo stamp set. I love it, and am so excited to be able create my own custom bingo cards to use as accents or backgrounds, or whatever my heart desires. 


I used it as the focal point on this card and accented it with a combo of Die-namics to make a fun flower. The stem is from Mona's Dandelion Stems and Toppers Die-namics and coordinating stamp set, Dandelion Wishes and the flower is from Blueprints 3. I used the two different sizes and layered them up. A pretty Steel Blue button.  Of course, a doubled up Hemp twine bow, dressed up the button.


I had used the Distress Backgrounds a ton during teasers, but i had yet to use the checkerboard pattern. So I stamped in in the background on this card, in Steel Blue ink. You NEED this color! I LOVE it. 



 I used the Steel Blue ink to stamp the Bingo card onto Kraft cs and then used the first released, Insert it-3x4 Insert, to cut out the Bingo card. I layered it up with an off-set Gumdrop Green 3x4 Notepad Die-namics


That's it for me today. I hope you have been inspired by my cards today. I just love this release and I hope you have, too.
Be sure to hop on over to the MFT Blog to see which other DT members have posts to share today.


Here are my shopping lists. Click the links below or in my post to shop

love struck card:



Shoot for the Stars Card:



So Lucky card: 


Pin It
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. These are all so WOW! Great work! Great colours and combination of elements... I think the first one is my fave. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love these Lisa!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love em all Lisa! Especially the negative space heart. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great amazing cards, love the love struck, cool card

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all, very cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all very beautiful, Lisa, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous! Love that cut out heart on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty collection of cards Lisa! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- these are a great collection of beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, amazing work this release!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!