Friday, May 31, 2013

Hello....Summer!

It's official. For us, at least. Summer is here. My kiddos finished school yesterday and I will be done with my first year as a Preschool aid, as of 12:30pm TODAY!!! Summer has a whole new meaning to me :) 

I am looking forward to NOT packing lunches, waking up to an alarm clock, and soaking up some sun (with sunscreen and sun hat, of course!)


I made this sweet summery card with this week's Retro Sketch 65. I loved it. This is my second card using it. It was super easy to make that split panel. I simply die cut my Insert it 3x4 Die-namics, gave it a quick trim and added some Peaceful Wildflowers to the top layer. 


In the open space I added a hello from Happy Hellos Die-namics. Isn't Orange Fizz such a happy color. 

I was feeling summer, so I also used MFT Card stock in Gumdrop Green, Kraft, and Sno cone for a pretty combo. I added some Gumdrop Green Buttons to follow the sketch, and tied on some Hemp Twine. I ♥ my Twine. 
Of course it's easy to coordinate your whole card, ink and all, with the Premium Dye inks MFT now sells. I inked up those Wildflowers with Berrylicious, Gumdrop Green, and Steel Blue inks. 

Shop away! Click any of the links to see the product upclose. 


Pin It
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card Lisa. We still have school until Wednesday. There are 3 snow days to make up. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this! & oh how we can't wait for our summer vacation to start too- on the 5th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - your sentiment rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!