Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The art of writing a Thank-you note!

Good afternoon! I've got a quick post with some more thank-you note ideas. I think it is so important for my boys to know they need to write a thank-you for the gifts they receive from their friends (at the very least).  They may grumble about having to sit down to do it, but they always smile when they get them done. I try to make it a little better, by providing something cute and crafty to send their friends. 
Here are the  little 3x3 note cards I made for my little guy to give to his friends. I was inspired by the Love Fest Challenge on Friday hosted by Taylored Expressions. I don't have any TE stamps or dies, so I went looking at my MFT supplies! The challenge was to make some mini notes. 

Here are some individual shots of each of the four designs. 




 I decided to use Lisa Johnson's Circus Spectacular stamp set and matching Die-namics. I layered up a bunch of the stamps on the kraft cardstock, using the MFT Premium Dye inks and die cut a herd of animals. The thank-you sentiment came from the Air Plane Greetings stamp 
set. 


I also added a few fun backgrounds from Darling Dots and Spring Background (I adore the chevrons in that set!). 

I also love how the MFT inks: lemon drop, sno cone, and sour apple, look on the Kraft cs. When making 3x3 note cards, I always use a 12x12 sheet of card stock to cut up for my card bases. I can get 6 cards from one sheet. 

Each card is similar, but also a little different. 


Then I had a few thank-you's to make for my oldest son. He is 11 so a circus theme wasn't going to cut it for him.


 I used a more graphic set, Document it-Right this Way, along with more of the chevrons from Spring Backgrounds.

  This time I made them into a tag with the Traditional Tag STax Die-namics. J was able to write his little note directly on the back. 


It's fun to make your Thank-you's in different shapes and easy to do with lots of Die-namics choices from the MFT Boutique. I showed you the other week my thank-you's done on the Hexagon Stax HERE. That's the fun part! Thank-you notes don't have to be a traditional A2 card-shape. Get creative and make them original!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Pin It
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I agree with kids writing thank you cards. I don't think they do enough of it to show appreciation nowadays. Love how you made each boys age appropriate, both cute in their own way. The tag thank you is clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh!! These are soooo cute!! Love them! And the tags are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have kids but I do believe it's an important thing to teach them at a young age. So cool that you are doing that. Adorable cards. Fun colours and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those note card are soooo cute!Great thank you tags also! Great to hear you are one of the moms teaching their children manners, not so common these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!