First up is this sweet boy (you know I'm partial to anything BOY!). The set is called I'M RAPTOR ROUND YOUR FINGER. Cute, huh? I had a blast coloring him with my copics (stamped on x-press blending cs) to coordinate with some new papers I just cracked open. They are by Studio Calico and the 6x6 pack is called Darling Dear.
Here is the inside of my card. I used a few of the same patterns of paper and stamped the image again in Jellybean green Premium Dye ink and then added a strip of the open hearts from LAYERED HEART BORDER DIE-NAMICS.
I also have one of the sweet girls, SWEET FRIEND, to share today. I just love her, too! Actually, I love all three new sets. The art work is just fantastic, AND they are so fun to color, too.
1. Cut out a full strip of the hearts. (here I am just using the open hearts border. Remember you get two dies with this Die-namics set).
2. Next slide your cut hearts down as far as you need them to go. I only wanted to cut off one of my hearts, so I slid it down one and lined up the rest of the hearts back into the die.
3. Then run it through your die cut machine. I'm using the cool new Genius Magnetic plate to hold my die in place.
4. Here is the final cut piece and the left over piece. It a quick trick to shorten any die.
I am using this week's Deconstructing Sketch. In place of those circles on the sketch, I decided to cut a few of the smallest hearts from the new HEART STAX DIE-NAMICS and then topped them with a few Blue Raspberry Button.
It's great when there are a bunch of different shades of color through out a piece of designer paper. You can add in similar shades of embellishments and still have it all coordinate. I used Spearmint card stock to mat my large square panel.
Here is a closer look at my Sweet Friend, all colored up. I used one of my favorite tricks with the sentiment....I gave it a little curve to fit the Oval Stax Die-namics I cut her out with.
I stamped the sentiment in the new MFT KRAFT INK.
And here are the copics I used on her. It helps to keep my camera right next to me as I'm coloring. When I am all done, I have been snapping shots of my markers before I put them away. I hope you find it helpful.
THere are the details about the upcoming release:
- You can attend the New Release Party on January 8 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on January 8 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- The guest designer contest is going on now! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on January 8 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.