- You can attend the New Release Party on November 13 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on November 13 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- If you'd like to see all the designers' posts for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on November 13 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
I added a felt snowflake thanks to the LET IT SNOW DIE-NAMICS. I tied on a Sno Cone button with red twine. You can also see some of the new MEDIUM FANCY FLOURISHES I tucked in there and there. I cut them in Sweet Tooth card stock, giving the effect of blowing wind. And they are just pretty. Now you have three sizes, perfect for whatever flourish needs you might need. :)
With my larger card base, I was able to use the cool new JUMBO SNOWFLAKE. I gave it a spritz with Mister Huey's Calico Shine and added some red rhinestones. It sure it bright and shiny and FUN!
2. Stamp a design across the full cut piece. I used the awesome DARLING DOTS. I just adore those little stitched circles.
3. Use a bone folder to make crisp fold lines on the creases that are already created with the Die-namics. I then sponges on the new JELLYBEAN GREEN INK to accent the edges of my pocket. Not necessary, but it sure is a nice touch ;)
4. Use double sided tape to hold the pocket together. You just add it to the side flaps and fold it up. Scor-tape is my go-to adhesive for these kind of projects.
Now on to my calendar card. Can you tell from this release just how much I LOVE the new PAVER RED COLOR??!! I might have used it on almost every project, even if it was just a little bit. Here I used it for my card base AND the stunning POINSETTIA DIE-NAMICS. YUM-O!!!
Here is a closer look at the flower I created. I used both of the center pieces, cut from card stock (Kraft and Whip Cream). PAVER RED FELT and the leaves from JELLYBEAN GREEN FELT. Heaven!!!
Joanne has pointed out in many of her videos on the MFT Blog and her own blog that the METAL ADAPTOR PLATE is very helpful when adding it to your sandwich for cutting the more intricate Die-namics. It also helps our MFT felt cut like butter!
I cut the calendar piece with the INSERT IT Die-namics, and I also used it to cut some designer paper that I added to to my background. There is also a HOT FUDGE rectangle of card stock that I stamped some DARLING DOTS onto in white ink. I made all three panels a little wonky.
Those three panels were all tied up with a pretty seam binding bow and finished off with a a JELLYBEAN GREEN DECORATIVE CIRCLE TAGS STAX. I LOVE that smalled die, it makes the best little place to tuck in a sentiment. Which I did. A few more DARLING DOTS, and the Merry Christmas sentiment from STITCHED STOCKING.
I had yet to use the oh-so-sweet WINTER WREATH DIE-NAMICS. I have been wanting to make a twiggy wreath with some "berries". I created this look by cutting the wreath two times, once with Hot Fudge cs and again with Kraft cs. I layered up the pieces and kissed the top of the Kraft wreath with some Rock Candy Glitter (yeah, I have a bit of an obsession with this stuff....I LOVE how it looks on everything!!!).
I then topped the wreath with three gorgeous PAVER RED BUTTONS. One of which I added to the top of a Whip Cream Felt bow. The bow comes with the WINTER WREATH DIE-NAMCIS. LOVE that! I think the wreath would also look sweet with one of the new DECORATIVE BOW DIE-NANMICS. The flat bow included makes for easier mailing!
I used The Deconstructing Sketch for this card. The sentiment from STITCHED STOCKINGS. I used the new JELLYBEAN GREEN INK stamped onto NEUTRAL CARD STOCK. One of the many things I love about this stamp set is that Lisa thought to add a few single buttons. This way I was able to stamp one in red ink (Cranberry Crisp, to match the Paver Red cs) and cut it out to top the sentiment and add some extra POP of color!
The sketch called for banner pieces, so I grabbed my FISHTAIL FLAGS LAYERS STAX DIE-NAMCIS and cut two different sizes. The border strip is the POSTAGE STAMP EDGE BORDER DIE-NAMICS. I stitched up the whole card and wrapped some twine around the top of my sentiment panel.
Phew! Told you I had a lot to share today. Thanks for hanging with me. I have even more for you tonight with the start of our New Product Tour at 10 pm.
Here are the links to all other MFT products I used on today's
click to shop!