Friday, November 30, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It is! I can already start to feel the magic in the air. The excitement is starting to build as I hear my boys talking about Santa and how he actually gets into the house, and how they hope he won't scare Bosco, our puppy, and make him bark. I love living the excitement all over again through my kids each year. Heck, who am I kidding....I still get excited all on my own for Christmas! 

Decorations are going up this weekend. We will "light" our Advent wreath  that the boys made in Sunday Schoool, and I will get a few more gifts knocked off my list (hopefully). Oh, and I need one more photo of the boys, a recent one,  to add to my photo card I am making this year. There, I'll say it.  I am NOT making 80+ holiday cards this year. It's the first time in almost 10 years. GULP!!! I want to do a photo card and show off a selection of photos from throughout the year.  AND I am and I'm going to be over joyed at all the time it will save me :)

Okay....so enough chit chat. Hello Friday and good-bye to November. I have had this card tucked away for a day like today. It uses the new JUMBO CHRISTMAS STOCKING DIE-NAMICS from MFT. It's such a great die to have in your stash. I love making 3-D items with it and using it on a card, like today. 


I cut it from Kraft card stock and then embossed some white polka dots (from Darling Dots Stamp set).  I then touched the edges with some yummy Jellybean Green MFT ink. The sentiment is from the SEASONAL SENTIMENTS stamp set and I stamped that in Wild Cherry MFT ink. Ahhhh, MFT INK...have you seen it yet? I LOVE it, you will too!

The topper was cut from MFT Whip Cream Felt and then I added the holly leaves (ALL part of the JUMBO CHRISTMAS STOCKING DIE-NAMICS) from corrugated cardboard. I then gave it a good dusting of my beloved Rock Candy Glitter. A gorgeous Paver Red button and twine finish it off. 


I added a little rustic woodgrain designer paper in the background along with a few SMALL SCALLOPS along the border of the red paper. 
Simple and sweet!

Have a beautiful day. 

Here is my Inlinkz list:


Pin It
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous I love the stocking die and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this big stocking! the corrugated holly leaves are so pretty. And I love the polka dots on the stocking! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the big stocking on the card. I am with ya on all the cards, I only send handmade cards to immediate family. The thought of someone throwing it in the garbage brings me to tears.

    Enjoy all the decorating, we did ours last weekend because I had extra days off work. I am so happy it is finished now. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!