Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Team Awesome! {mojo monday}

I look forward to my Monday stampy time. With hubby's new job, back in June, he stopped working weekends which has been wonderful, but that means I rarely get to create on the weekends. I look forward to shipping the boys off to school and having a few hours to myself. 

 One of the first things I've found myself doing is the Mojo Monday Sketch challenge. I used this week's sketch to make my hubby's birthday card. Check out the Sketch HERE

I followed the sketch exactly, replacing the flower element for stars.  I used both Stacking Stars Die-namics and the Star STAX Die-namics to find just the right size. 


Papers are Clippings by Basic Grey. I added some distressing to the edges as well as some distress ink. Card stock is all from MFT-Sweet tooth, Kraft, and Black Licorice. 

The large circles were cut with the CIRCLE STAX 1 & 2 Die-namics. I was going to replace the circle element with the Jeresey Die-namics, but opted to keep the circles and just used the sentiment from the set. 

My all time favorite FISHTAIL FLAGS STAX  were used for all the banner pieces. Some twine and a Black Licorice button finished the outside. 

I decided I needed to finish off the inside to match.  All of the same Die-namics were repeated on the inside, and the Happy Birthday is from the BIG GREETINGS stamp set. 

We'll be celebrating on Thursday with some presents and some cookie cake! We love our cookie cakes around here :) 

Thanks for stopping by. Come back tomorrow for our day 1 of MFT Teasers!

Click any of the links below to shop the products I used on today's projects:


Pin It
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Lisa! Love all the distressing and the finished inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Lisa. I love the fish tail banners and stars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desert Safari Dubai and dhow cruise dubai is very famous tour in dubai

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!