Thursday, October 18, 2012

Howdy Neighbor {retro sketch}

Hello and Happy Thursday. I had the day off work this morning. So, guess what I did? Yep, I made a few cards, cleaned the house, put some clothes away, and took puppy for  a walk. It was a good day. Oh, yeah....I made a pot of chili, too. YUM!

 I used this week's Retro Sketch#33 and Lisa Johnson's Howdy stamp set from MFT to make this friendly neighbor card. Yep,the New October Release stamps and Die-namics haven't left my desk yet! This set is so fun!

Links to all the products I used are listed below. 


I seriously LOVE that cow print background from LJD's Western Backgrounds.  I used it for the backdrop of my sentiment strip. I then added the "howdy neighbor" greeting in the navy ink. 


Following the sketch, I pulled out my Western Charms Die-namics and the round tag die from Howdy Frames Die-namics and hung them all with some burlap twine.


 I was itching to use the Sunflower Die-namics in a non-traditional color, so I did. I think it looks great no matter what color scheme you cut it from. 
Be sure to check out this week's sketch. They are always fun to work with. 

Pin It

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a fab western themed card, the papers and colours are gorgeous, and I love those sweet little charms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!