Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baby Giraffe {retro sketch}

Quick post for today (my WSC sample will be up later). I played along with this week's Retro Sketch and went a little girly.....baby girl that is. I inked up that darling giraffe from Lisa Johnson's CIRCUS SPECTACULAR STAMP SET and matching Die-namics

I adore giraffes. They are one of my favorite zoo animals (a close tie with the Polar Bears).  I have seen quite a few baby cards made with this image, and our zoo has recently added a new baby giraffe to it's exhibit. How could I not use this image?!

I used some new Crate Papers, Acorn Avenue. LOVE the colors and patterns. I used some textured Pink Pirouette cs from SU and layered this on a KRAFT card base. 

I made the card tall and skinny. This one measures 3.75 x 5.5.  I used the WAVY EDGE DIE-NAMICS for a bit of interest (and following the sketch) to the left side.  To help "hide" the seam of the designer paper, I wrapped some of my favorite TWINE and added a sweet PINK LEMONADE BUTTON.  

The giraffe was stamped in Amuse ink-wheat, and then die cut with the CIRCUS SPECTACULAR DIE-NAMICS.   I tucked in a few LEAFY FLOURISHES and made it even more girly by stamping a few pink flowers, for the tone-on-tone look.  The flower stamps are from the PRETTY POCKET STAMP SET.  
The sentiment is from AIRPLANE GREETINGS.  Love the bold, straight forward font. 

Check out the Retro Sketches challenge blog. There are LOTS of great cards created with this sketch. 


Shop THESE links for the products I used today!




Pin It
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Super sweet! I think I need that paper pack. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet little card..love how you combined so many pretty sets and dies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!