Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Page to the Future {MFT and Retro Sketch}

I really enjoy the sketch blog, RetroSketches. They are nice, streamlined and mostly CAS sketches. I love having the chance to use my My Favorite Things stamps and Die-namics on a Clean and Simple card. 
That's what I did with this week's Sketch. You can check it out here

The stamp set is OWN YOUR STORY. It's such a beautiful set, great for scrap booking and card making. There is even a leafy flourish stamp, like the Die-namics I used on yesterday's card....SWOON!


My card base is Whip Cream cs and I layered some MFT Kraft with Bashful Blue from SU!  That gorgeous text background was created with the stamp included in the Own Your Story stamp set. I added the pretty flourishes for that extra POP of pretty!

 I inked up the sentiment into two sections so it would fit on the layers I created. The sketch called for a fishtail flag, but I changed it up and stuck to an "office" theme. I used some Studio Calico vol.2 designer paper and gave the top a NOTEBOOK EDGE and then added a teeny FILE TAB from the MINI TABS FOURSOME  DIE-NAMCIS.  Love those things!  I finished it off with a sweet paperclip stamp and tied on a bit of navy burlap twine. Here's a closer look. 



While we are talking CAS cards with MFT product, I'll show you one more I made the other week. 



We have ALL winter birthday's around my house. Not always a  fun time of year for kid birthday parties, especially when they want to be outside.  So this year my oldest wanted to wait until the summer and celebrate his half birthday. He took a few friends out to our lake house for some fun on the water! These were his thank-you cards. 


Quick and easy with a few stamps and a couple of Die-namics. I used the cool JERSEY DIE-NAMICS and stamp set  to say thanks and the no.10 was added, showing how old J turned. I love that you get both the big, bold numbers and some letters with this set. I used Amuse inks stamped on Kraft cs



In the background I stamped some DISTRESSED DIAMONDS in grey ink and added a strip of My Mind's Eye papers and a few of the smaller JUMBO FISHTAIL BANNER STAX pieces. Some grey zig zag stiching to accent the corner and the banners. 

Thanks for coming by again, this weekend. I've got more to share tomorrow. Have you checked out the October Guest Designer Contest??? I'll have a sample up tomorrow. 

Enjoy the day!  We are off to church and then soccer!

click any of the links in my post, or the graphics below to shop the MFT Boutique!










Pin It
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful. Love how you used that notebook torn edge on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love your beautiful card! I love your blue swirly leaves, and that stamped paperclip is perfect! Don't these colours work so beautifully together?

    Oh, and the thank-you cards are awesome! A Summer half-birthday sounds like a great idea! I know a few kids who have Christmas birthdays (in the middle of Summer holidays here) who choose to have half birthdays in July instead (our winters are mild). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card. So beautiful design. I have chance to work for a company as Plastic id cards online deigning, and this card design inspire me so much. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might NEED that Jersey Dynamic and stamp set! So many uses for my sporty kiddos and their coaches! Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!